Had dinner there as a result of a random Google search while looking for halal food options in SA.
1) Location: The area has many halal restaurants and a halal supermarket just opposite. The restaurant itself is brightly lit.
2) Ambience: Nicely decorated and they had all their accolades and articles they were featured in on the wall. The place is famous! Some nice ethnic touches...
3) Menu: There was a good selection, including some vegetarian and kid-friendly options.
4) Service: I think there was only one server that evening, but there was only 2-3 other groups dining. She was friendly and made some recommendations.
5) TASTE: WOW, just WOW!! All the mains we ordered was so delicious! The meat was tender and well spiced. Rice soft and fluffy. Portions were moderate, you could share 3 entrees among 4 people but the food is so tasty you probably wouldnt want to share :)
They have a wide spread of Moroccan and western desserts. The chocolate cake we had for dessert was dense and fudgy, a little too sweet for my taste.
6) Price: Dinner for 4 (starter + 4 mains + drinks + dessert) set us back $90. Pricey compared to the other middle eastern buffet Al-Bustan ($12/pax) but we left as satisfied customers, happy to get to experience this SA institution.
If you own or manage Moroccan Bites Cuisine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.