“Outstanding market and great for visitors!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pearl Farmers Market

Pearl Farmers Market
200 East Grayson Street, San Antonio, TX (Midtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 37 Shopping in San Antonio
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The new Pearl Farmers Market is located along the banks of the beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk and is open every Sat. from 9am to 1pm
El Paso, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Outstanding market and great for visitors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I try to go to a new farmer's market in every city I visit. Pearl Farmer's Market in San Antonio did not disappoint. First off they offer FREE parking and in San Antonio that is a big deal. The actual market is located by The Culinary Institute of America, The Pearl Brewery, and an access point to the San Antonio River walking path. You can even catch a river taxi! There was a wide variety of prepared products, proteins, and produce. I was really impressed with the variety and quality of merchandise available. It seemed like the people I spoke with worked directly on the farm that the products came from. Reselling at a farmer's market is a big pet peeve of mine so I always try to get a conversation going to make sure I know where my food is coming from. It wasn't a huge market by comparison but impressive on it's own scale. There was a live band playing and eateries surrounding the market location. I was disappointed that most vendors didn't take cards but after a little searching for an ATM I was good to go. Dogs were welcome and that always draws me to a place. The people and vendors were nice and it was a great experience. Plan a little extra time to visit the CIA bakery and the garden and waterfall down by the river. I will definitely be visiting this market again when I am in the San Antonio area. If I lived closer I would be there every single week for breakfast and produce! Make sure to stop by the Braune Farms stand for eggs and produce!! I got almost everything I needed from the amazing people at their stand.

Visited March 2013

San Antonio, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Waking up early on a Saturday for yumminess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

San Antonio on a Saturday in the Pearl Farmers Market is such a great way to get the weekend started. The crowd, atmosphere and food are a breathe of fresh air. From jams to broccoli, tea and coffee, take that special someone, family or friends, it's just a great time to enjoy and explore. The river walk steps away, and strolling away the day, I highly recommend the day. Get there early, after one tear down begins.

Jacksonville, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Gems at the Pearl”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were in town for a family event and wanted a place to get some local gifts and some fresh produce. This farmer's market is well laid out with free parking. It is next to the part of the Riverwalk that meanders through parks. We bought snacks, gifts, local honey, and talked with the locals. After shopping, we followed the sounds to a free concert. What a lovely area.

Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
96 attraction reviews
“It's Cool (in the winter)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

There's nothing better than fresh veggies and the farmer's market is the place for seasonal produce at the peak of its flavor. Between this place and Boggy Creek Farms in Austin, I could almost become a vegetarian. H-m-m-m-m . . . . maybe not!

Wear your coolest (temperature-wise) clothes in the summer months when the sun is at it's zenith and this place becomes a tarviated inferno that cool drinks, tents and shade trees (the few that there are) struggle to mitigate.

One is forced to pay scalper's prices for a bottle of water (so bring your own) or run for shelter under an icy margarita at La Gloria to satiate your thirst and cool your head.

Autumn is much more temperature friendly and it is actually comfortable to stroll the booths and pick out fresh items for later consumption.

Visited September 2012
Texas
20 attraction reviews
“Pleasant Saturday morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Had a friend in town from NY. She has been here before, so I was looking for something that she hadn't already seen. Enter the Pearl Farmers Market. We arrived rather late on a Saturday morning, and had no trouble finding parking. There's plenty of it and at no cost. We walked around to the various stalls, finding friendly vendors and a nice assortment of items for sale ... vegetables, fruits, grass fed beef (wish I had brought a cooler), herbs, lavender, soaps, coffees, jams, etc. Following that, we walked along the new section of the River Walk which is just behind the market. Beautiful trek on a Saturday morning. We capped this off with a casual lunch at the CIA Bakery Cafe (yes, there is a branch of the Culinary Institute of America here in SA). Lunch was delicious and just what I would expect from the CIA.

Visited November 2012