“This is my FAVORITE place to eat, anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rudy's Bar-B-Q

Rudy's Bar-B-Q
10623 Westover Hills, Hwy 151, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)
210-520-5552
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Far West Side
Austin, Texas
“This is my FAVORITE place to eat, anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

There aren't enough good words to describe Rudy's. I love it, my family in MInnesota looks forward to my trips up there because my carryon is full of brisket, my friends from Chicago will want to eat there every single day of their annual trip. It is also a tradition with us that anyone going and coming from the San Antonio airport stops there in Leon Springs, the original location, to eat. We think it keeps us safe on our flight. LOL. If not, it keeps us safe from airport food. One trip I flew from San Antonio to Seattle with a stop in Albuquerque, NM. We stayed on the plane and broke out the moist brisket and ALL the flight crew had to have some or they refused to take off again. Seriously, if you like barbeque, you will love Rudys. We sure do. I have eaten there dozens, if not a hundred times.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia
“Only regret was no opportunity to try their Bar-B-Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Heard that this is the place to go for Bar-B-Q. Stopped in the attached General Store and the aroma was unlike anything I ever experienced. Tried to get there for lunch or dinner but sadly, never made it (They closed at 9:30) Made a point of getting there to purchase bottles of their famous Bar-B-Q Sauce.
Take the Hotel Shuttle or call for delivery (only 2 blks. from the Hilton) Don't miss it!!

Merkel, Texas
“A tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We always stop and grab some Rudy's on the way out. It is delicious as an immediate snack, but even more delicious after we get home four hours later and sit down to relax with some wonderful barbecue! We always take a little of everything :)

San Antonio, Texas
“Best BBQ in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have been looking for a good BBQ place since moving here. Can't find anything like what we had back in KC, but Rudy's has some good food. One of our favorite BBQ's here.

Visited November 2012
Pharr, Texas
“Really great cream corn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

very tasty brisket, cost is pretty fair, shout-out to the friendly staff.... ;) on a side note, there is a mini mart next to it, I don't think they have the best temperature control of their fridges...the chocolate milk I bought was already having a sour aftertaste....