“No other Thai food can compare to Yaya's Thai!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yaya's Thai Restaurant and Sushi Bar, S

Yaya's Thai Restaurant and Sushi Bar, S
5305 Mccullough Ave, The Yard, San Antonio, TX 78212-1644 (Uptown Broadway)
210-399-1454
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
San Antonio, Texas
“No other Thai food can compare to Yaya's Thai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Since we started coming to Yaya's Thai Restaurant two years ago, my friends and I have NEVER been disappointed with the quality of food, atmosphere, and service. In fact, that's why we keep coming back every week! My personal favorite is the Chicken Pad See Ew, which is sauteed fresh noodles with fresh broccoli, carrot, egg, and brown sauce. My best friend LOVES the Shrimp Pad Thai, especially as a delicious Lenten option! If you love Thai curries, you should try the Green Curry or Panang Curry. Both are spicy and extremely satisfying. The portion sizes are big (can be considered as two meals) and the prices are very reasonable -- under $13 -- for dinner. The lunch menu (Mon-Sat 11am - 3pm) is quite affordable -- around $8 -- for choice of soup or salad, egg roll, and entree. For dessert, you must try the Tempura Ice Cream or Sticky Rice with Mango. There are so many reasons to try this place, you'll love it!

• Visited March 2012

“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A friend and I are making the rounds of Thai restaurants in the city, and I had hopes for Yaya's, since I had read some favorable reviews. Granted I've only been there once, but I probably won't go back. There are many better Thai options in town.

The restaurant is attractive and the service was great, but the food left a lot to be desired. The hot and sour soup tasted like doctored-up Campbell's vegetable soup. That was a bad start. We shared an appetizer of fresh spring rolls, which to me were pretty flavorless. I ordered the vermicelli lover's dish, which also had very little flavor and no heat. I took my leftovers home and wound up throwing them away--and I *never* do that. My friend had a more traditional Thai stir-fry (I think it was chicken with ginger) and though it looked pretty and fresh, she said it was only mediocre.

One nice touch was the complimentary red velvet mini-cupcakes they gave us (it was Valentine's Day) but there was nothing that would make me want to return.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Everything's good here -- the service, the menu selections, the fantastic food! Once my husband asked for a certain menu item but without sugar in the sauce because he is diabetic, and they made it for him as though they considered it an honor to do so for him. Once when we complimented the food the chef came out to our table to visit with us. This is one restaurant I am not afraid of closing my eyes and pointing at the menu to order -- everything is soooo good.

• Visited October 2011
Texas
“YaYa's is Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

YaYa's Thai Restaurant is in my neighborhood. This was my third time to go there. The other two visits were good, but this was the best. One very good thing about this place: there is no parking problem. It is in "The Yard," a shopping complex. You can usually pull right up to the front door. Another thing: The staff is very friendly. Ask questions about what to order. They will be happy to guide you.

Last night we had the Thai Dumplings appetizer. It was a delicious companion to my Tom Kha soup. The small soup was quite enough. I loved the combination of chicken, mushrooms, tomato, scallions, cilantro and coconut ilk with lemongrass and lime juice.
These two items could have been the entire meal.

I had the grilled Fish with fresh vegetables as an entree. It was perfectly prepared. My dining companion ordered 'Hit and Run' (roasted duck) for the second time. He thinks it is the best in town - he asked for extra crispy - and it arrived steaming on a very hot plate. White rice is served with the entrees.

On another trip I tried the green curry, which I liked very much. Check on which degree of hotness you want before placing your order.

The hot tea was delicious and abundant. They have lunch specials 11am to 3pm.

• Visited September 2011