Nicole greeted us warmly for a friendly and efficient check-in. We thought the valet service got a little chaotic out front as we changed hands about 4 times during the unloading and check-in process. This was not a problem, per se, but it was a little disorienting as we were just getting acclimated to arriving in San Antonio.
We reserved a larger corner room which was quite spacious and well-amenitied. We also paid for a Premium room with access to drinks and snacks, but there's a Walgreen's nearby that you could use to stock up for less money. The hotel’s location on the Riverwalk is good, but it’s on the far northern edge of the main Riverwalk, so it does have a ‘sketchy’ feel to it in the evenings as there are very few people walking that far north. Note that we encountered NO issues with this, but we’re passing it along as FYI so that no one is surprised.
I have to commend the excellent full breakfast options every morning, including a complimentary made-to-order omelet bar. The Embassy Suites had the best breakfast options that I’ve encountered in a hotel in many years. Note that during our September stay, they kept the lobby and breakfast area VERY cold – so much so that we often would step outside before returning to our room just to warm up. :-) That said, we stepped inside many hotel lobbies along the Riverwalk and, in my opinion, the Embassy Suites lobby was by far the most expansive and welcoming.
Overall, this is a hotel we’d consider staying at again on a future San Antonio visit, but we’d most likely try something more centrally located on the Riverwalk next time.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.