“Fantastic end to a great trip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #19 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Pineville, Louisiana
“Fantastic end to a great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am so pleased I chose the Embassy Suites for my recent stay in San Antonio. The room was large and very clean. The free internet truly was "hi-speed," as advertised. The manager's nightly reception was very enjoyable and even had live music. The hotel is on a less-traveled part of the Riverwalk, so it's not noisy at all, and it is only a short stroll to the restaurants and shops. The trolly that takes you around town stops directly in front of the hotel and leaves approximately every ten minutes. Therefore, you don't have to take your car if you don't want the hassle of parking. I was there the week of Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy the Christmas boat parade. My reserved seat was conveniently located only steps from the hotel's entrance to the Riverwalk. The hotel also provided an open bar and terrace viewing area for those who had not purchased seats to the parade, or for those of us with seats, who just wanted to relax before the parade began. The staff was absolutely wonderful, particularly Vernon N., a bellman, who made me feel right at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great value on the Riverwalk.

769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in mid-November 2012 for the Formula 1 US GP in Austin. As a result I didn't spend much time in the hotel itself, but what time I did spend there was fantastic.

Parking in this part of San Antonio is somewhat limited. There is a lot across the street where you can pay to park, but I figured if I have to pay, I may as well use the hotel valet. Good quick service there. This hotel is close to the major arteries and within walking distance to the Riverwalk, Riverwalk Mall (including IMAX theater), and surrounding bars/entertainment.

I'd gotten a priceline deal for 25% off, so the room rate was extremely reasonable. My room turned out to be handicap-accessible with a roll-in shower. The room was massive, consisting of a sort of "living space" with a sink/bar area, a table, and then over by the TV a couch and a couple of chairs. Then of course there was the bedroom, separated from the living space by a door and wall, and the bathroom, adjacent to both. Linens/mattress/pillows were high-end and comfortable. There was closet space in the main area, and in the closet was an ironing board and functional iron. Bonus: the room was right across from the fitness area on the third floor, which contained some free weights, a few treadmills, and a few stationary bikes, all in working order and with working media attachments. Speaking of media, San Antonio (at least this part of it, anyway) is a 4G LTE environment so I never bothered with the hotel wireless.

The lobby of the hotel is huge and impressive. The "manager's special" (read: free drinks) at the bar from 5:30pm-7:30pm was great at getting us down to the lobby to enjoy the hugeness and impressiveness. Breakfast opened right on time (6am weekdays, 7am weekends) and was great. The scrambled eggs were a little bland, but if that's a problem for you, there's a couple guys working a grill who are happy to serve you up a fresh omelette.

This was one of my best stays at any hotel, anywhere. I highly recommend the Embassy Suites Riverwalk San Antonio.

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was part of our travel to Texas with my friends; I have been previously in different hotels at San Antonio and I can tell you this is one of the best options if you´re looking to stay near the river/downtown.
The staff is friendly, the property is at excellent shape and the amenities met by far my expectations. It sure can be a great option for couples, friends, business and family as well. I can´t find another hotel to try for my next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: If you book early online, you´ll get an excellent discount making this a great value for your stay.
asf1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed at many Embassy Suites, and this was one of the best. Spent one night in Homewood suites a few blocks away, and two nights here. We got to ES early (around 11 am), and the front desk manager (sorry, forgot his name) was able to get me a room on the 3rd floor. I was shocked that I was accommodated at that hour. Room was fine, usual ES large bedroom, desk area and "tv viewing" area. Left room to conduct business, and returned to find 2 bottles of water (courtesy of hotel). Hilton has a habit of entering your room after you check in to do this. Not a policy I appreciate. Its happened at several properties around the country. Please give me the bottles at check in!!!

Managers hour was one of the best I have ever seen at ES. The drinks were good, plenty of choices. But the food - there was TOO MUCH! Vegetables, fruit, candy, chips, guacomole (did I spell that right).. and more... some travelers would skip dinner with this layout.

Ok - second complaint: no newspaper by the door in the morning. Yeah, I know. Don't I have bigger problems... But this is standard at ES. I look forward to reading USA Today before I go down for breakfast. Have to see if my home team lost again. Yes, there were papers in the lobby (which were gone by about 9:15). I asked the front desk why papers werent delivered to a guest's door. the answer: the guests were throwing the papers out and not reading them. (REALLY?!) Still, this is one perk that should not be changed. It's one reason ES charges a little more than most hotels.

Ok, Ive spent a paragraph venting, and that's enough! Breakfast was great. I did not experience any lines for the omelet station - either early or late in the morning. Once again, lots of great choices, as most regular ES customers know. I agree with one previous tripadvisor writer that the stations are a bit too spread out - but it's quite a large area, so I guess theyre just doing the best they can. Plenty, I mean plenty of seating.

Parking was not cheap (valet), but you could park and remove your car 100x a day, and the employees would still be friendly and courteous.

All in all, one of the best Embassy Suites Ive been to. 5 Stars!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. .. LOL
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights while attending a conference at the hotel. There are some nice conference rooms on the second level. The hotel is located on the riverwalk but not the main section. Not a big deal as this location is more quite and less crowded. 5-10 minute walk will get you to the crowded section of the riverwalk.
Hotel offers free drinks/snacks in the evening during the week. Free breakfast is good and includes hot items such as eggs, sausage, hash browns, etc - in addition to the typical fruit and rolls. Omelet bar is available also but can get crowded.
My room was a typical suite with the bed & tv in one room and the other room containing a couch, tv, small dining table, and small fridge. Bathroom was typical hotel size and had a large shower but no tub. The room was quite and clean.
Hotel has a parking garage but it is for valet only at $27/night if I recall. There is a parking lot adjacent to the hotel that charges per day - not sure the rate. Bottom line is that there are options for parking but probably nothing for free.
Lobby is nice with multiple locations for sitting. There is an outside patio area also. There is an attached bar/restaurant and multiple options within walking distance but don't expect cheap prices in this part of downtown.
There is an outdoor pool a few floors up but I did not visit it.
Staff seemed friendly during my limited interaction with them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great location down by the Riverwalk. The valet parking is great because there aren't many places downtown to otherwise park.

As a business traveler, I appreciate that they still offer wired Internet in the rooms. The HDMI on the TVs were also not cut off. So, its possible to still bring an AppleTV or Roku player.

I believe its consistent across the brand, but the complimentary breakfast includes made to order omelets and they also have a happy hour in the evenings.

Room Tip: Try to get above the fourth floor facing the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I just spent five nights at this hotel. This was the first time I have stayed that long in a hotel without growing tired of it. The rooms are modern and very quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfasts in the morning had a wide variety to choose from. We were met each morning in the breakfast area by a very friendly employee named Rudy who we looked forward to seeing each day. We asked one morning if we could take a plate back to the room to warm up leftovers from dinner the previous night. When we finished breakfast, Rudy brought us a tray with two plates, napkins and silverware for us to take to the room. He also made several suggestions as to where to eat if we wanted a change from the tourist restaurants. The location of the hotel is ideal. It is about a five minute or less walk to the loop of the Riverwalk that has all of the restaurants and bars so it was a lot quiter at night than many of the other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Riverwalk? Share your experiences!