I stayed here for a weekend in mid-November 2012 for the Formula 1 US GP in Austin. As a result I didn't spend much time in the hotel itself, but what time I did spend there was fantastic.
Parking in this part of San Antonio is somewhat limited. There is a lot across the street where you can pay to park, but I figured if I have to pay, I may as well use the hotel valet. Good quick service there. This hotel is close to the major arteries and within walking distance to the Riverwalk, Riverwalk Mall (including IMAX theater), and surrounding bars/entertainment.
I'd gotten a priceline deal for 25% off, so the room rate was extremely reasonable. My room turned out to be handicap-accessible with a roll-in shower. The room was massive, consisting of a sort of "living space" with a sink/bar area, a table, and then over by the TV a couch and a couple of chairs. Then of course there was the bedroom, separated from the living space by a door and wall, and the bathroom, adjacent to both. Linens/mattress/pillows were high-end and comfortable. There was closet space in the main area, and in the closet was an ironing board and functional iron. Bonus: the room was right across from the fitness area on the third floor, which contained some free weights, a few treadmills, and a few stationary bikes, all in working order and with working media attachments. Speaking of media, San Antonio (at least this part of it, anyway) is a 4G LTE environment so I never bothered with the hotel wireless.
The lobby of the hotel is huge and impressive. The "manager's special" (read: free drinks) at the bar from 5:30pm-7:30pm was great at getting us down to the lobby to enjoy the hugeness and impressiveness. Breakfast opened right on time (6am weekdays, 7am weekends) and was great. The scrambled eggs were a little bland, but if that's a problem for you, there's a couple guys working a grill who are happy to serve you up a fresh omelette.
This was one of my best stays at any hotel, anywhere. I highly recommend the Embassy Suites Riverwalk San Antonio.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel
- Embassy Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.