“Great Hotel and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

HHonors Weekend
Ranked #19 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Point, North Carolina
“Great Hotel and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I just spent five nights at this hotel. This was the first time I have stayed that long in a hotel without growing tired of it. The rooms are modern and very quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfasts in the morning had a wide variety to choose from. We were met each morning in the breakfast area by a very friendly employee named Rudy who we looked forward to seeing each day. We asked one morning if we could take a plate back to the room to warm up leftovers from dinner the previous night. When we finished breakfast, Rudy brought us a tray with two plates, napkins and silverware for us to take to the room. He also made several suggestions as to where to eat if we wanted a change from the tourist restaurants. The location of the hotel is ideal. It is about a five minute or less walk to the loop of the Riverwalk that has all of the restaurants and bars so it was a lot quiter at night than many of the other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the first hotel I have ever called where I was told by the sales department they would not book a block of nine rooms for three nights with a discount. I have never had that happen before - EVER! They are obviously very proud of their hotel and their prices....and the person in sales I spoke with? A little snotty and not very helpful...

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry your group was unable to stay at our hotel. We book group rooms with a minimum block of ten rooms per day and I’m sorry our booking policy did not meet your needs. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience with our hotel and hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us.

Joe Melton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was excellent. Very pretty lobby. Valet parking was friendly and accommodating!
The suite was large. The living room was roomy with a bar area as well as a desk. The bath had a pretty walk in shower with all glass enclosure. The bedroom was roomy and bed was comfortable. We stayed 5 nights. I had room service one night and it was great.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay. From the hotel valets to the house keepers and all other staff, they were great. Very friendly and helpful with ideas on places to eat and attractions to see. The location is great. Right beside river walk and a couple blocks from The Majestic Theatre. It's a short walk( about 15-20 mins) to the Alamo and the Tower of Americas. You can park and basically walk to every attraction. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Room was excellent and service by staff was great. No complaints here. This is the second time we stayed and enjoyed this time much more. The summer is very busy with familes and we enjoyed the hotel more this visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Madison, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was in this hotel for a conference with my wife. We wanted to stay on the Riverwalk where all the activity is. The hotel is on a Riverwalk, but about 2 blocks where everything is. Don't spend money for the riverview here. Waste of your money. You won't see anyone walking or the boats.

Room service was poor. I had to call the front desk at 4:30 pm to come in and make our beds and clean towels, they left towels, but did not make our beds.

I called the night before asking for a late checkout and was informed I would have to do so after 7. The next day the staff was rude and said they could not do so that they had already given out all late check outs. I just wanted to have a place to change after the meeting. I was told if I was not out on time I would be charged a half day rate.

Being a Hilton Honar member, I was angered by this treatment.

I would not recommend staying here. Especially if you want to be on the Riverwalk. Your not "really " on it here in the true sense.

• Stayed October 2012
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I apologize that you were not happy with the hotel location during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all requests for late checkout but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Joe Melton
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Free breakfast, free happy hour, suites... It's not bad. Parking is a little pricy. I think it was about $25/night to valet. There is not self park officially, but there is a public lot across the street, which I think was about $15/day. It's not my favorite section of the Riverwalk, but it's not a far walk to things. Alamo is 0.6 miles. My old complaint was how dirty the carpet was. I have a two year old who is not a fan of shoes, and his feet were black w/in a few hours of arriving at our room. The floor felt a little damp too- almost like the humidity just condensed there. Also keep in mind that weekends can be really packed because of so many weddings around the area (Weston Center nearby). Oh, the suites are kind of small too so it can be hard to find a spot to put a crib in the room. The kitchen is pretty minimal- mini fridge, sink, microwave, 2 cup coffe maker. No stove, no dishes/pans, so not the place if you think you'd need to cook.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Riverwalk? Share your experiences!