“Second Stay and will stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 E. Houston St., San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #23 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Spring, Texas
“Second Stay and will stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Room was excellent and service by staff was great. No complaints here. This is the second time we stayed and enjoyed this time much more. The summer is very busy with familes and we enjoyed the hotel more this visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Madison, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I was in this hotel for a conference with my wife. We wanted to stay on the Riverwalk where all the activity is. The hotel is on a Riverwalk, but about 2 blocks where everything is. Don't spend money for the riverview here. Waste of your money. You won't see anyone walking or the boats.

Room service was poor. I had to call the front desk at 4:30 pm to come in and make our beds and clean towels, they left towels, but did not make our beds.

I called the night before asking for a late checkout and was informed I would have to do so after 7. The next day the staff was rude and said they could not do so that they had already given out all late check outs. I just wanted to have a place to change after the meeting. I was told if I was not out on time I would be charged a half day rate.

Being a Hilton Honar member, I was angered by this treatment.

I would not recommend staying here. Especially if you want to be on the Riverwalk. Your not "really " on it here in the true sense.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank John P
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay experience at the hotel. I apologize that you were not happy with the hotel location during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all requests for late checkout but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Joe Melton
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Free breakfast, free happy hour, suites... It's not bad. Parking is a little pricy. I think it was about $25/night to valet. There is not self park officially, but there is a public lot across the street, which I think was about $15/day. It's not my favorite section of the Riverwalk, but it's not a far walk to things. Alamo is 0.6 miles. My old complaint was how dirty the carpet was. I have a two year old who is not a fan of shoes, and his feet were black w/in a few hours of arriving at our room. The floor felt a little damp too- almost like the humidity just condensed there. Also keep in mind that weekends can be really packed because of so many weddings around the area (Weston Center nearby). Oh, the suites are kind of small too so it can be hard to find a spot to put a crib in the room. The kitchen is pretty minimal- mini fridge, sink, microwave, 2 cup coffe maker. No stove, no dishes/pans, so not the place if you think you'd need to cook.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank bobochina
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved this hotel for the most part. None of the extras I requested were in the room though, towels or pillows. Also, I booked the romance package, which costs more, expecting to have the strawberries & champagne waiting in the room for me, they were not. And I was not informed that I had to request their delivery, so didn't get them til the next day when I called to find them. The bfast was okay, and managers reception was great.
Room was very comfy, and enjoyed the great view.
Staff was mostly helpful, however, we decided to save "energy" and not have the room made up during our 3 night stay. Instead I requested towels & the maid was very rude shoving them at me. Got sick off the room service the last night, that sucked. Not sure if it was the guacamole or the ham sandwich. Parking is overpriced, but convenient.

Room Tip: Chose Double Queen room for early check-in, had tub and balcony on the 7th floor; Go for river walk...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CRYSTAL W
Sayreville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a 5-day stay at the Hilton-Embassy Suite located at 125 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, Texas from Oct 17-23, 2012. What a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
Day 1 – I notice our room 805 was the only room in our section without a chair on the Balcony and the Balcony door had no lock. There was no SAFE in the room. We attempted to use the so called FREE INTERNET but it didn’t work.
Day 2 – In the morning I went to make coffee; I realized the coffee & condiments WERE NOT RESTOCKED the day before. (Room Attendant restocked coffee & condiments at approximately 9:30 pm that night only after we called.) We attempted to use the Free Internet service again still didn’t work.
Day 3 – Had coffee and left the room at 8:00 am, returned by 11:30 am and when I went to use the bathroom, NO TOILET PAPER. My husband went down to the reception and he spoke with Ronnie the Director of the Hotel. Ronnie asked my husband for the room number and when his name did not appear on the registration he was rudely asked for identification. Ronnie dismissed my husband and proceeded to speak with me. We complained to Ronnie about the room not having Toilet Paper and mentioned the day before the coffee was also not restocked until late at night.
Day 4 – My husband enters the elevator with the Bellboy who had a full luggage cart. His cart was in the way and difficult for my husband to reach and slip his room key card into slot to get access to the 8th floor, so my husband asks the Bellboy if he can push 8; well the Bellboy asks my husband for his key card instead of using his master key card. Now I do understand that these key cards to gain access to the floors are for our own protection, so why was this not asked of all guests. Yes I’m pulling a race card here because the guests who were not asked for their key cards or identification were of another race and we are not of the same race as them.
Day 5 – My husband goes to reception to ask if the Hilton-Embassy Suites has room service and they said yes. Each room has a Guest Service Book he was informed. My husband told the reception our room did not have such a book and he was given a photo copy of the menu.
We went to San Antonio to see our Daughter Graduate the Air Force – BMT. We were out of the room early each day and returned in the late evenings. We didn’t expect to be treated as ROYALITY but we did expect to be treated with respect and dignity like all other guests. While waiting on line at the reception area we were cut on the line by other guests. So maybe we were not standing so close behind other guest for them to notice we too were on line and that is because we don’t like standing so close you could feel our hot breath behind down their neck. We like to give people their privacy. A few times we would make eye contact while waiting on line with the reception agent and they would smile acknowledging our presence but just as quickly they forget and dismissed us and attend to another guest. We were like “HELLO we are standing in line too” still we were brushed off. I felt Ronnie and his Reception Agents did a HORRIBLE job at GUEST SERVICE SATISFACTION. We will NEVER EVER stay at this or any other EMBASSY SUITE again.
I will be posting this experience on USA AF FB Page so that when travelers come into San Antonio to see their Airmen Graduate they too don’t make the same mistake in selecting the HILTON-EMBASSY SUITES as their place to stay.
This HILTON-EMBASSY SUITES in downtown San Antonio TX on Houston Street for Room 805 offers the following;
Dingy White Towels – No Safe in the Rooms – No Working Internet – No Working Bathroom Exhaust Fan – No Guest Book – No Toilet Paper – No Chair on Balcony - No Coffee or Condiments
You will however get lots of Rudeness and Poor Room & Guest Service.
Good Luck my People.......

Unsatisfied Guest Ja Medina

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jarod064
Joe M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of treating guests with the dignity and respect they deserve. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to further discuss your stay experience at the hotel.

Joe Melton
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great stay, the only draw back is that there was no early morning coffee. We could not get any coffee on our early morning departure day and we couldn't get the maid to leave us enough caffine in our room. We got plenty of de-caf but just not enough caffine! Otherwise this is a wonderful hotel and location. Quiet, great breakfast, nice happy hour, clean exercise room and very clean guest rooms. We would definitely recommend and re-stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nashville10
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed at several Embassy Suites across the country in the last 28 years.This one has a "classy touch" of well appointed furniture in the lobby and is unique in that the rooms on the 4th-17th floors are NOT overlooking the "interior-scape" of the hotel (I liked that!). The 17th floor king bed room was clean and felt like home. I traveled as a single woman with my sister and would NOT feel comfortable walking after dark on the riverwalk bc of nearby boarded-up buildings, but the daytime activities gave a sense of security. The evening "Managers Special" was NOT as enjoyable as other Embassy Suites' experiences; the bartenders had limited choices of cocktails (ie; no milk for a White Russian; I suggest they get some from their kitchen area next time to please their guests). I am always a tipping customer and the two gals did seem appreciative of that, but they truly need to work on Texan hospitality skills; realize that "the customer is the reason that they even have a job!". The breakfast was typical for Embassy Suites, so take the extra time to wait on fresh cooked eggs at the grill station. Due to the sz of the dining area, the beverages are a long walk for coffee ( I do suggest that the manager setup an additional area for coffee so that patrons don't have to worry about spilling hot beverages on seated customers). The restaurant (Lukes') attached to the hotel is nice. Check-in was smooth as a Gold member. The biggest negative that the hotel has is the sz of the swimming pool; it is shaped like a square and not conducive of lapswimmers.(Maybe "chuck the hot tub" to make a larger space for a heated pool)

Room Tip: Top floor (17th) king bed room was newly renovated, quiet, and floor to ceiling windows had nice vie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo