“Friendly hotel with a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   409 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #29 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Mirabel, Qc
“Friendly hotel with a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great location, downtown San Antonio, one street from the Riverwalk and short walking distance from the Alamo.
Typical TownPlace confort and staff friendlyness.
Breakfast included.
Nice small "outdoor" pool.
Reasons why I didn't give 5:
a) Parking at 25$+tx per night is a little exaggerated (even if it's valet and you're dowtown).
b) Kitchen needs more pots and pan and ustensiles, etc. We were 2 and needed to wash the dishes after cooking and preparing the meal, to be able to have plates and ustensiles to eat. I know it's often like that with hotel's kitchens but here, we're at Marriott, so we expected more (and other TownePlace hotels have well equiped kitchens).
Overall, I recommend this hotel.
c) Hot breakfast was near cold, had to reheat it in the microwave. No staff around to fix it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here on a Friday night. We loved the location and felt for the price was one of the best deals around. We stayed in room 507 and did have some room noise from the outside as it overlooks the street. I feel the hotel could improve on the breakfast. There were a lot of people eating all at once (around 9 AM) and there was very little food available. They could just manage how much food to put out or do a better job of preparing more food at once. We did not use valet parking which would have been around $30 or so after tax. There are two parking garages within about a block that only charged us $8 for the night. If you valet with the hotel they do allow multiple entry/exits without extra charges. Overall we would stay at this hotel again due to the location and good price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My two grown children and I stayed here on a recent trip to San Antonio. It was conveniently located near the Alamo and Riverwalk. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel was spotless and having a kitchenette gave us the option of eating in if we wanted. But I was on vacation so I was NOT cooking! We also enjoyed the qualify and variety of offerings on the hot breakfast buffet. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lumberton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Chose to stay here while in town for a conference. The AAA rate for this place was $102 plus tax for a 5+ day stay. The room is nice and is your typical Towneplace. It is located within a 2 minute walk from the stairs leading to The Riverwalk. The Alamo is also a couple of minutes away from here. There is a bar across the street from here and also a taxi stand at the Hyatt which is close to here. The reason for the 4 instead of the 5 is that the channels on the TV do not match the channels on the guide at all. Also, while I was there I never got my room remade. I noticed that the rooms on either side of me had theirs done, but not mine. Not that big of a deal since the price is not that high and also since I ran into a housekeeper during my stay and she gave me a couple of towels and some more shampoo. If I were to be in San Antonio again, I would definately stay here again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for a short business meeting in San Antonio. The location is great, 5 miles to the River Walk. The rooms were clean and quiet. I have had better hotel breakfast but over all it was okay. Lastly the staff was very attentive and friendly!

austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here recently while attending meetings at the hotel next door. The room was very clean and spacious... however, the door in my bathroom was awkward, oh well, just poor planning. Location was perfect for walking everywhere I needed to go for 3 days. Staff was friendly and helpful. Valet was the best I've ever experienced in SA (although I'm not quite sure where they park your car).. my low tire light had come on and he was quick to check all my tires and even offered to go put air in the culprit before I left the property. We normally have a "go to" spot we stay at when we do a couple weekend get away in SA, but it looks like this might be our new spot. The husband and I may even stay here when we relocate until we can find a permanent spot!

Room Tip: As always, higher the floor the better
SOUTHAMPTON, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Like most tourists to San Antonio, we wanted to experience the River Walk and the Alamo without taking out a loan. This hotel is 5 minutes to both and the daily rates very reasonable. Our corner room was a bit oddly shaped but was huge! Room and bathroom were spotless. Free breakfast was very good and the breakfast room very spacious. Breakfast room was manned by some very friendly and helpful folks. Desk and valet parking personnel were very friendly. Unless you want to spend over $300. for a hotel right on the River Walk this one is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was very large with 2 flat screen TV's.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown? Share your experiences!