“Wonderful Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   409 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #29 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Los Angeles
“Wonderful Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

TownePlace Suites is very well located. It is just two blocks from the Riverwalk and two blocks from the Alamo. We were able to walk to other attractions including the Tower of the Amreicas and the Market Square and the city hall. The breakfast was on par with other hotels in this class. The parking was higher than I wanted to pay. There are other parking lots in the area which might be a better deal. We arrived late in the evening on a weeknight. The valet was not around but we just left the car curbside. Check-in was pleasant, our specific room type, 1 king bed, was not available. The next day they were able to move us to the correct room type which was nice. Overall, the staff was mild, no one went out of their way to greet us when we came and went during our stay. At checkout they were great with directions to the highway. Overall, a pleasant stay in a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Boiling Spring Lakes, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We selected this hotel by using Marriott reward points and we were so glad we did. It was so close to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The staff is very courteous and helpful. We had to wait a while for our room and for our troubles we given a hugh corner room with great views. The bed was very comfortable. The hot breakfast buffet was generous. There was a small pool open to the air but surrounded by the building. We enjoyed this area to cool off. We will certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I must say that the hotel is really nice! I was very impressed with the room I stayed in, and the common areas were very nice too. I found the location to be quite accessible to many of the downtown and riverwalk area’s main attractions. All the staff I came in contact with were extremely pleasant and courteous. I would definitely stay there again on a future trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Everytime I go to San Antonio I always stay at the towneplace suites Marriott. I stay here as many as 5 times a year. I would not choose any other place to stay. My experience here have always been the best. Staff is awesome. Rooms are always more than what you expect. Riverwalk is 1 min away and it's rt in the center of it. Bars n sport bars are so close you don't need to walk very far. If you leap you will land on a well know Sports Bar (TICKETS). I guarantee you will like the Towneplace Suites Marriott. I give them a 2 tumbs up. & in my eyes it's a 5 star hotel. Thx!!!

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a free night from Marriott. This hotel is located downtown. Valet parking only but worth the $24/day. We were really close to all the activities. The room we had was a corner room on the 2nd floor. It was decorated very nicely. High ceilings, two TV's and AC was perfect.
There was some street noise but I didn't notice it ever waking me up.

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and good value for the location. Evening reception and breakfast were both very good. Please note that the hotel has no parking and you must valet your car for a reasonable charge. I would stay here again when my travels call for a downtown location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dear Rubin,
My husband and I would like to make a few positive comments about your Hotel. First we were greeted by David ( he was GREAT because we were tired from our long trip) at the front desk he was everything that was necessary to start off our stay perfect. He was well informed about the hotel and he had a smile, customer service was awesome, and he was professionally dressed. Also the room attendant and the lady who made our breakfast down stairs was great. Every time we passed the main desk we were greeted great. Every time any of your employees passed us we were greeted and men who parked the vehicles were wonderful also. Our room was great ! Air conditioning worked and the linen was great, and the room was nice and roomy and was sparkling clean. The elevator was great , I never had to wait long for a ride and the whole hotel was sparkling cleaned and the decorations from paintings to carpet was wonderfully decorated. We will be coming back . Thank you so much for a wonderful visit. Linda and Jim Brown

Room Tip: Try This Hotel First You Will Return again and again !