“Golf Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Antonio North-Hill Country

You added Holiday Inn San Antonio North-Hill Country to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Antonio North-Hill Country
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19280 Redland Road, San Antonio, TX 78258 (Far North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #123 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
waco
“Golf Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Thirteen friends on a golf trip, accommodations were wonderful and the staff extremely friendly! Hope to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brownsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We went to San Antonio for the Labor Day weekend and most of the hotels were not only over priced but booked! We found this new hotel that was SUPER clean, very friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. The kids enjoyed the pool! We will definately stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The atmosphere was very fresh, clean, relaxed and professional. Very fast very reliable fast service.Ricky at the concierge desk... definitely adds a great touch of professionalism and friendliness. The furniture and decor is very modern yet still inviting and this attitude is aided by the great service of Ricky when you come in. The Hotel is very ADA accessible but after such a long trip I was just to tired to put my clothes in the dryer so I asked Elena in housekeeping to help me. I did not realize it was just before 5 pm, which was when she was supposed to get off since I travel about 15 days a month, this was my third hotel in less than 6 days so my sense of time was off. She stayed till way after five to make sure my laundry got was done. Then, I was in the business office and didn't realize my laundry had finished but wasn't dry. They took my laundry to their own dryers and free of charge Ricky ensured that my laundry was not only completed but also folded and brought to my room. I was amazed. Then After all of the great service so far, I went to have a hamburger and the restaurant and Victoria was again a great representation of professionalism. She knew what to recommend on the menu, and the food was fantastic and again even though it was past time for Victoria to leave she stayed around until I had finished my meal. The hotel as a building is fantastic but individuals such as Ricky, Elena and Victoria made this a definite top 5 hotels of all time I have stayed at. OH, I almost forgot, the ADA room I had my favorite type of shower and was super easy and so accessible. The bed was great and everything was gorgeous and it would have earned a top score anyways but the staff just made it that much better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very convenient hotel, right off 281, & about 15 minutes north of the airport. Almost new place with wonderful indoor pool, hot tub, and in house restaurant (moderately priced) and bar. We were with family and had a lovely time. Room has frig and microwave. It is also 5 minutes from the largest grocery store around. Staff is super nice, friendly, and accommodating, with good advice about the local area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had some minor issues and one deal breaker - Front Desk staff did not smile or make eye contact at check-in, stung by fire ants at the entrance, restaurant waitress kept rushing us at breakfast though the restaurant was empty (she brought the check at the same time as our food - was tacky) and the front desk agent tried to check us out on the wrong room (we were staying on reward points, so you can imagine my horrific surprise when she tried to charge us full price). But the reason we won't be back is the mattress. Maybe we had a different bed from everyone else since the reviews are so high... but our mattress was unforgiving and hard. So much that it felt like sleeping on a table. We did not get any sleep because of how uncomfortable that horrible mattress was!

On a positive note, this hotel is EXTREMELY clean! And I loved that! I also loved that smoking and pets are not allowed and heavy fines are given for those who breach these rules. But the bed being so uncomfortable made it impossible to get a good night's sleep.

It's important to note - I am a Priority member and love HI. We also are very quiet people and did not make any complaints. Just made a mental note of our experience and moved on. And we won't be back.

Hope this review helps someone else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Although our trip was for medical purposes, the extremely polite and professional service we received from the front office manager to the restaurant staff as well as the housekeeping personnel, made our stay even more relaxing and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Eat at the hotel restaurant. The food is nutritious, service good, and price fair. I don’t know who put together the menu or what chef is cooking in back, but I highly recommend eating in the hotel versus driving to another restaurant. Meals are offered with fruit and plenty of vegetables versus the typical greasy options. The restaurant atmosphere is nice and some booths at TVs to watch a game or have kids see cartoons.

The hotel rooms are standard, yet clean and well decorated. Our air-conditioner worked well, which is a must in the Texas summer. Housekeeping did forget, however, to empty the ice bucket and refill the in-room coffee. The beds were very comfortable.

We purchased some late night snacks from the small snack shop and found the prices fair and food fresh.

The front desk staff person was nice, but seemed a busy. There was only one person at the front each time I went to the desk.

The indoor pool was nice and we enjoyed our short time at the hot tub. The kids made a few friends while swimming.

While the location is a bit odd, I’d recommend this Holiday Inn to friends and family. This hotel is a real value I think.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn San Antonio North-Hill Country? Share your experiences!