“Week Long Business Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags

You added Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags to your Saves list
Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5130 Vantage Way, San Antonio, TX 78249 (Formerly Comfort Suites Near UT Health Science Center) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #168 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Week Long Business Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip. The hotel is in a great location; many dining establishments and stores are near, but not in walking distance. Check in was easy. Beds are comfy. Front desk was always friendly. I am real big on cleanliness. The hotel was fairly clean. Somethings I noticed could have been cleaner. In my opinion, the hotel is average.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am highly displeased with my stay at this hotel. I left behind my very expensive Beats headphones at the hotel. I called within 12 hours of checking out and no one can tell me who cleaned the room upon our checkout, the staff is covering for one another. The General Manager will not return my calls and the hotel holds no accountability with the staff. The hotel house keeper has taken it upon oneself to keep MY headphones instead of reporting them to lost and found to be claimed ( which should be at least 30 days- hotel policy). I would not trust taking anything into the hotel room, you may in fact be better off keeping all items in your vehicle so you can ensure all of your personal belongings be kept safe. Therefore do not plan on being comfortable with your stay since you will be back and forth between your room and your vehicle. This incident has lead me to the conclusion: if they will take it when your not there that includes any time you leave your hotel to enjoy what San Antonio has to offer.

Room Tip: Leave all of your personal items in your vehicle to ensure they are kept safely.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 queen handicapped accessible room while traveling with mom and 2 kids (8 & 13). The check in was very easy the gentleman at front desk was courteous , told was where our room was exactly after getting off elevator. The room was clean , furniture upgraded and in excellent condition. The beds were a little high for my mom but it was great for us. The bathroom (handicapped) was clean with lots of towels . I was a little concerned that there were only office buildings and an apartment complex behind hotel (parking safety), but no incidents there's actually traffic. Overall great experience would recommend:)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Crandall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family of 4 (2 teenagers) checked in on a Wed evening (Jan 1st). The location is convenient, right off of I-10 just south of 1604. The man checking us in was very friendly & informative. We got a great deal on hotwire - an "express deal" for $46 + taxes = $61 total! We got a 2 queen bed suite with a frig that was cold and a microwave (we didn't try it). The room was clean, smelled good, and the bathroom was cleaned and well stocked. The free breakfast the next day was fine - we had cereal, sausage, eggs (powdered), waffles, and yogurt. The kids did swim in the pool and hottub. That area was clean but did seem to have a strong smell of chlorine in the hottub esp when the bubbles were turned on. The ONLY downside to the room was that there was a used bar of soap accidentally left in one of the shower soap trays. Otherwise, an excellent deal for a great hotel. I highly recommend and we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mission, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed over New Year's and there was high occupancy at the hotel. Common areas do look like they have gone through a lot of traffic but they were still clean. Our room was clean and I am really picky. Cleaning staff was great! I left a note along with my tip for them to clean the bathroom door and they did. There was something stuck on the door and I was grossed out. When I got back in my room at the end of the day, the door was spotless. The breakfast area was very crowded, but the staff was busy refilling the food containers.
If you are on a budget this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This room was absolutely disgusting, as was the attitude of most of the staff. I checked in just before midnight after travelling for most of the day. My wife and I had a very, very bad experience with Comfort Inn in Edinburg TX last month and were asked by Corporate Relations to ensure that the room was clean as soon as we walk in.

What did we find? PUBIC hair in the tub. Not one, but several.

I immediately went downstairs and reported it to the front desk clerk who looked embarrassed and offended that I was telling him this. He responded with "What? Do you want *me* to go up there and clean it? I said no, but I expect you to document this and talk with your cleaning staff. I also stated that this was found immediately on entering the room, due to a previous issue with a hotel and as instructed by Corporate. He shrugged it off, made a note in a log book and said he'd send someone up first thing in the morning to thoroughly clean the bathroom.

We fell asleep without a shower as I didn't want to begin to imagine just how dirty the bathroom really was.

I woke up the next morning and found the following thanks to daylight:

* Cockroach legs around the room and in some cases, poking out behind the fire sprinklers.
* Thick and dusty cobwebs all around the room
* A layer of dirt about 1/8" thick on some of the furniture

I walked downstairs and demanded the rest of the reservation cancelled and my points returned. The day manager worked with me immediately to get this taken care of, and began to do so on the computer and on the phone with corporate. But the Housekeeping Manager was insistent that his staff cleans properly and that he'll review, but didn't expect to find anything.

I told him that the thick and dirty cobwebs were indicative of at least a week of not cleaning the room, and I also told him the layers of dirt on the bathroom counter proved that. He wouldn't budge and was adamant that the room was cleaned properly and that they review each room to be cleaned. I then offered to show him photos and video proof - he changed his tune immediately and said he'd get with the person(s) that were to have cleaned the room and walked away.

Folks, the long and short of it is stay the heck away from this hotel. Loud noise used to be the only complaint here, but factor "make it look clean" cleaning staff and you're better off anywhere else, even if it's your car. Don't believe me? Read the other reviews regarding customer service and dirty rooms. Management of this hotel should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, spend the few extra dollars on a nicer, quieter, and hopefully cleaner hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The overall experience was what I expected; a clean appearance, friendly staff and good location.

However, upon opening the fold-out sofa bed, there were remnants of food that had been eaten on the couch by previous guests and under the couch it was dusty/filthy. I'm not hard to please, so I hoped this was not something that is cleaned regularly. Well, the linens were in the closet for the sofa-bed and the blanket was filthy. It appeared to be spread on a filthy floor, folded and put away. It had lint, bits of string and cellophane stuck to it. To top it off, after I was all settled in and the lights were out, I ran my hand over the blanket to feel an area of dried-up. crusty feeling, rough patch. I hoped it was some type of dried-up sugary food and not dried-up bodily fluid.

I did not bring this to the attention of the management, as there was another blanket in the closet that appeared to be clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags? Share your experiences!