“Paper-thin walls and 24/7 car noise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags to your Saves list
Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5130 Vantage Way, San Antonio, TX 78249 (Formerly Comfort Suites Near UT Health Science Center) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #162 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
Cedar Park, Texas
“Paper-thin walls and 24/7 car noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room itself was nice, and the hotel was comfortable with great staff. That's where the positives end.

My wife and I opted to stay here this past weekend and after the first night, it was regretted. Despite the hotel being about 1/4 mile from I-10, the cars sounded like they were zooming right past us, and we were at the back of the hotel. For a basis of comparison, I last stayed in SA at the Comfort Suites just east of I-37, and I didn't barely heard traffic being 2 rooms from the highway.

I thought it was my imagination, but were were both able to distinctly hear neighbors having conversations that sounded like they were on loud speakers. I sneezed while watching the Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest game and my neighbor to the right of my room said bless you - no joke. I didn't complain or bring it up to the management team, just because there was nothing they could have done to fix the walls bleeding sound. Next time I'm in town, I'll be more apt to make a longer drive around to save sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel (101, 102, 201, 201, 301, 302, etc) to see if it's an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My first visit went without incident. This visit had me with no hot water. Called the front desk and they sent maintenance to my room. Well, seeing how I had to check out in 30 min, was a little difficult to let him in as I was trying to leave. Water heater was not located in my room so I have no idea why he needed access to my room. I guess to make sure I know how to turn on hot water. Check out at the front desk, the attendant wouldn't say a word to me. Customer service at its worst. Ignore it and it'll go away. I'm a diamond member with choice hotels and find this customer service, repulsive. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Scott V, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your repeat stay and I appreciate the feedback that you have provided but I wanted to apologize that your second stay did not mirror the first. We will have our Engineer examine the hot water heater to ensure nothing is preventing hot water from reaching our guestrooms. We pride ourselves in the customer service that we provide and creating guests for life so I personally invite you back on your next trip to San Antonio to experience the stay you had on your first visit. Thank you!
Altus, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This motel has a quiet, clean, efficient atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful for any needs for restaurant suggestions, sight-seeing directions, and keeping everything fresh and available during the breakfast time. It was conveniently located about 20 minutes from the center of town (The Alamo, Hemisphere Park, River Walk, zoo) and Sea World. Within a 5 mile stretch of I-10 was a great selection of eating establishments for a variety of menus and price ranges. We felt safe and well cared for. We recommend this motel for anyone traveling through or visiting this area.

Room Tip: The elevators were roomy and quick so being on the 2nd floor was not a delay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I checked in for a one-night business stay on October 17. Check-in took about 2-3 minutes total, and I went right up to my room. The room was very nicely furnished, clean, smelled fresh, and was very comfortable. Other than the bed being made up sort of short-sheeted, everything was just perfect. The AC was cold and quiet, and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Altus, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This motel had the friendly staff- they would go out the way to help you out! The breakfast was delicious every morning and enjoyed the manager's reception on Wednesday. This motel is perfect for traveling to different tourist locations and restaurants. We would recommend this motel to everyone. The staff were excellent!!!

Room Tip: Lots of places to shop and eat close by. The staff were excellent-the driver Roger was so nice and f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Right off I-10 so driving to Six Flags or Downtown San Antonio is a breeze. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Will definitely stay here again when I visit again next March.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lamar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice Comfort Suite. Easy to get anywhere in San Antonio for there. Great indoor hot tub and pool. Nice breakfast. Helpful staff. Only had two issues, one of the two ice machines did not work and the Internet went out for about 24 hours. Would stay there again. By the way it is not really close to Six Flags!

Room Tip: Check the reviews before booking. Check for any 'specials.'
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites San Antonio NW Near Six Flags? Share your experiences!