“Showing some signs of wear, but still tops in north San Antonio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 E Sonterra Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78258 (Stone Oak)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #36 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Jacksonville, Florida
“Showing some signs of wear, but still tops in north San Antonio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I hit San Antonio a lot on business, for the most part on the north side. I don't tend to stay downtown or at the Riverwalk so, for the past five years, my business alternated between the Drury Inn and Suites and the Hyatt Place, both off 1604, and both usually convenient to where I needed to be.

Usually I booked on rate as the places are near each other. But a bad experience at Drury a year ago (used wash rag hanging in the shower ... shudder) made me reverse course and go here full time.

It's not a bad place to default to. I've noticed, after about six total stays, that the quality of stay can very from room to room. One time, had a beautiful, clean looking room. Three weeks later I had a room on a different floor that seemed a little worn with the furniture showing some tears and the carpet starting to shed a bit.

But it's still the place to stay in that area, IMO. Never had a bad experience with the staff. Sleep decently and, for the most part, it's quiet from room to room. Until someone else muscles in -- maybe the Staybridge near there -- this is going to be the place I book in north San Antonio.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Old Tappan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not right on the River Walk, but not River Walk prices either. It's a 10 minute trip to the airport and 15 minute trip to dontown San Antonio in off-peak hours.

The staff was super friendly. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and there is a very small, but very serviceable bar in the lobby. The workout room is small (2 treadmills, an elliptical, a recumbent bike and free weights), but, again, serviceable.

There are a couple of decent eating establishments right on East Sonterra (Lion and Rose Pub, Perico's Mexican Restaurant).

Not a bad deal for the money.

Keller, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stay here every week for at lease a couple of nights, and the hotel staff is extremely attentive and accommodating. Free WiFi, breakfast, decent workout facility, free access to the Lifetime Fitness if you require something more, spacious rooms.

Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Hyatt Place is a regular old cookie cutter hotel. I hate the physical plant. The air conditioning is right next to the bed and blows like a tornado all night. Even though it is not set on Auto, it goes on and off all night, each time with a blast that wakes me up. I could hear the extremely loud elevator rings all the way down the hall. The bathroom lighting is so dreadful that I had a difficult time with my confidence after seeing myself in the mirror. Not kidding. I felt exhausted and ugly the whole time I was there.

HOWEVER, the staff is superb. Every single person with whom I dealt was an angel, going the extra step. Breakfast was also terrific, the best of any included breakfast anywhere.

Whoever hires the people who work here is to be congratulated. They had wonderful attitudes, have been beautifully trained, and raised the spirits of everyone who came in contact with them.Felicia, Leslie, Desmond, Sian, the fellow whose name I didn't get who was working at breakfast Tuesday morning and gave me a ceramic up for my coffee: all extraordinary. They should be proud. Thank you all for making me forget what I don't like about the place.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the elevator as possible. The rings that let the blind know what floor they ha...
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here as per the reviews on trip advisor. The hotel was nice, in pretty good condition, almost new it seemed. The staff was very kind

The not so great: breakfast is only served until 9 am, and the couple of times that we did make it, it wasnt GREAT: they ran out of cream cheese and its hard to eat a bagel without any cream cheese. The waffles were toasted, so my kids couldnt eat them since they were so hard, and as we were getting juice, they were clearing them, without even waiting for us to finish!!!! they couldve waited just a couple more minutes......

Room Tip: Dont get a room too close to the elevator. We had roon 611 which is the first one, and its right nex...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had an enjoyable stay here. We arrived early & had no problems checking in. The staff, especially Sian & James, were very attentive towards my 4yr old son which I appreciated. Received a room on the 5th floor & it was fine. Typical Hyatt Place room, although I prefer the rooms with showers vs. tubs, as they have here. The hotel is newer & very close to everything. Wasn't too far way from downtown & the sights.
The only downfall was the pool, the chlorine smell was a bit much for us & although my son was begging to swim, I wasn't comfortable letting him since he's still fairly young.
Also, breakfast here was pretty good. It's the only HP I've seen offer hot items such as eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwiches, etc.
Would stay here again if we visit in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at this location for a second time, my first visit was last year in August, nice hotel, nice staff, not far from six flags fiesta texas which was our reason for trip. Nice size room and siting area. The bathroom is a bit small with a good size shower. The breakfast is the normal free breakfast and has a nice sitting area downstairs to eat. Was able to prepay with cash as I don't like the holds put on credit cards. There was some trouble for my brother in law, he was charged with a pet fee when he did not have a dog to begin with. Housekeeping said he had a dog in the room, even though they didn't actually enter his room due to a do not disturb on his door all day, when he complained about the fee the front desk said the housekeeper may have heard a dog in one of the rooms near his, so with out proof of a animal being on site the charge was removed. Aside from the dog mystery the stay went well. This hotel last year this time was ranked number one on trip advisor. Now it's down to nine so I hope they get it together otherwise ill find another place in the future.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak? Share your experiences!