“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
San Diego
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Clean, Amazing accomidations, spacious loved the breakfast and all but 1 staff member was excellent. The cleanliness and maid service was perfect. Quiet GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dickinson, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room was not bad overall. It was clean and tidy. They actually stocked it with enough towels. There is usually a shortage, in my experience. The hot breakfast buffet was nice even though the eggs seemed to be the reconstituted type. My problem was with the beds. They were quite hard and a little difficult to sleep on. I have definitely slept on better beds, even at other Best Westerns. It was not a bad experience, but I may find myself looking for something a little nicer for our next trip.

pflugerviille, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Beds were the best we ever had at any hotel,very comfortable Breakfast was very good, attendant never let anything run low during entire breakfast time, kept tables clean and cleared. Staff was friendly and professional in appearance. Pool and weight run was always clean

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I Just wanted to say that my best western experince so far has been excellent the people in the front desk are awesome staff has been awesome at everthing they give me direction when i need to get some where he is very informant and very nice to talk too. The housekeeper are very clean and they kept the room clean and put clean towels and toilet paper when we were low im an very grateful for that.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kenny K, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Palo Alto Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We Thank you for your review
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the stay itself was alright. However, when room service came by, there was a language barrier. My sheets were not changed, so later on, I go to the front desk to get some sheets because house keeping had already left for the day. When I reach my room, I find the sheets are dirty, so I go back down to get new ones. On my way back up in the elevator, I reach the fourth floor, and the door opens about an inch and gets stuck. I press the help button, but after a few minutes, no one comes. Luckily, there is a rear door for the house keeping workers that leads to a room with a door that opens to the hallway. I then go down the stairs and tell the front desk I was stuck. She says the maintenance guy was sent up. When I go back up, I see a man dressed in jeans, who apparently was the manager. I told him I was stuck, and he says, 'Yeah, we pressed the reset button.' No sorry, didn't even asked what happened (maybe the door gets stuck regularly?), or how I got out. The manager was very unprofessional and I would not trust the elevator.

• Stayed June 2013
Cantonment, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Reserved 4 rooms for BMT graduation and wedding. Advertised with pool and spa. Elevator not working. Pool and Spa not working. Gave us $5 compensation off 1 room. Dangerous chairs near 2 floor open banister that a child could be killed if climbs and falls. Rooms barely cleaned with sheets not changed for the 5 days of stay. When we complained front desk staff was argumentative and condescending. Manager would not call us. Would not recommend-- safety of building questionable -- to many issues that should not be disregarded. Will be contacting safety officials

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was returning on a long driving trip over 1150 miles and it was late at night approx 1:30 AM on retrurn home and I needed some photocopies to turn in to my clients office before going home! Ever tried to get a simple photocopy at 1:30 am? I was lucky enough to pass this hotel on my way home and stopped to ask for 2 photocopies of my gas receipts; to my surprise the night clerk on duty Mr. Tony Reyna made the copies for me!! You can always count on best western for your travel needs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Palo Alto Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!