This place is amazing! I was with my husband at a convention, so there were fun activities planned as well as meetings. The cab ride from the airport was $40 (without tip). It is away from everything- so unless you have a car- it would get very expensive to go many places from the resort. The pool was great as there was a quiet adult only pool for those of us with out kids. It was an infinity pool that overlooked the golf course. It was a huge waterpark, but didn't have your normal big waterpark feel. It was more "disguised". Some other ladies and I did the lazy river a few times and had a very enjoyable time. The food at the restaurants was pretty good- a little expensive- but normal for a resort of that type. Our meal at our banquet was the best "banquet" food we had ever had.
If you want to experience downtown San Antonio/Riverwalk then you would probably want to stay closer to that area. We went on a convention provided shuttle one night and it was a long trip to get to the Riverwalk. If you want to enjoy all the amenities of the resort -golf courses, spa, water park, etc and not worry about going shopping or other places, then I would highly recommend this place. Only complaint:- they kept the meeting rooms SO COLD!!! I don't think anyone enjoyed the ladies luncheon that much because it was about 50 degrees in the room and we were all wrapping the cloth napkins around our arms. My husband complained also about the temperature in his meeting rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa