The JW Marriott in Hill Country opened in March 2010. It is the largest Marriott property in the US, maybe the world (it is documented about the US and I heard in the world mentioned).
- Located on over 2,500 acres
- Over 1,000 guest rooms and suites
- 2 PGA 18 hole golf courses
- A day spa with over 30 treatment rooms
- Multiple pools, a lazy river, and water rides (all outdoors)
- Huge meeting/conference facility
- 5 restaurants/bars (check out the multimedia sports bar)
- Large gift shop
- Hertz car rental on premise
All and all, the place is huge. Even the basic rooms were spacious and had both a shower and a tub. The beds were super comfy. As far as I know, each room has either a balcony or a patio (I could be wrong with this).
Typical resort pricing on food and drink so expect slightly higher prices.
I was here for a conference. The conference rooms and ballrooms range in size from conference rooms to grand ballrooms. The catering was OK (think typical wedding food - good but not fantastic). But I guess that's what is expected when trying to serve 1,000.
Some of the down falls:
- The place is in the middle of no where. It touts that it is 20 minutes from downtown but be prepared for 30-45 minutes and a $60 cab ride from the Riverwalk.
- The bars and restaurants stop serving food at 11pm, room service closes at midnight. It is in the middle of no where so pizza and etc. will not deliver. You get the munchies late night, you're in big trouble.
- Since the place has only been open a month, there were a lot of quirky things that I won't mention. We hope it is because they are still working out the kinks.
I did also notice that on the property there seemed to be condos, probably could buy into or rent if you're looking to come and play some serious golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa