I was very underwhelmed by my experience at the JW Marriott. I was there staffing a 900-person meeting and they were not ready for us. They are still going through too many growing pains. A few examples... pre-event contact with our conference services manager was spotty and infrequent. There are no garbage cans anywhere in the meeting space. There is no signage pointing to the fitness center (I had to ask 4 different hotel staff for directions). Twice when I asked hotel staff for directions to a certain part of the property I was told they did not know how to direct me because they had not been to that part of the hotel (they've been open for 2 full months!). Room service is a disaster area. I know of at least 4 people from our group whose orders were not handled properly, and the food was NOT good. They gives local produce and organic cuisine a bad name. The walls are paper thin in the guest rooms. The carpet in the meeting space is about the most unattractive I have seen. When checked in, they never confirmed my check-out date. The wireless Internet is not consistent. One of our VIP's was never told at check-in that her room was a suite, nor was she provided the extra keys for it. The front desk called the night before she was checking out to see if she was planning to use the other half of her suite because they were sold-out. Finally, our top VIP client had to wait until mid-afternoon for maid service and then housekeeping left his food service items on the dining table - FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE.
It was nice to have a Starbucks and FedEx Office on property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa