Beautiful resort with lush landscaping, fantastic water attraction, nice fitness center and spacious event/conference facility. Staff was wonderfully accommodating and courteous. Check in was quick and they were able to fulfill my request for a room away from elevators. I experienced al most NO noise whatsoever, over 5 nights including a busy Saturday. Cab from airport runs about $40, and self-parking is free.
Room was large and bed was very comfortable. Appreciated having a mini fridge and plenty of outlets for charger, laptop, etc. King room also had sleeper sofa - added bonus. Nice having separate tub and walk-in shower - bathroom was large.
Two things kept this from being an "Excellent" - first, the location is just a bit far from shopping; 4 miles to groceries and 3 for pharmacy, $9-$12 each way for a taxi. JW has the money for a free customer shuttle that runs every hour or so, like at their Phoenix/Scottsdale location (take a lesson!). Second thing that was disappointing: lack of hot water during the final 3 days of my stay. Running the shower 15 minutes only got it as far as luke-warm. Yes, I probably should have mentioned it immediately but thought it was simply a fluke the first time, and last 2 days were just too busy for me.
Have another stay there in late March, hopefully my opinion will improve on that one - will write follow-up review afterwards.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Marriott, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.