“A first class vacation in Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“A first class vacation in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We wanted to avoid airports during the 4th holiday and found a first class resort in the wide open spaces of the hill country. It is huge but so well managed with attention to details. Hi to Mike who is the director of Recreation whom I met at the pool. He reads TA everyday to see how they are doing. And I also had 2 conversations with Scott, the director of Food Services. How many hotels have their top people on the grounds, in fact I was impressed with the high quality of every staff member. There were a ton of people but we never had to wait for an elevator or long for a table in the restaurants. It was worth the price of admission for the fantastic water park and spa. I don't think we can ever go to a plain hotel pool again with our Grands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed their over the July 4th weekend and this is our 3rd stay at this property. The property, hotel and rooms are very well maintained and very clean. The staff is very helpful. The hotel was busy because of the holiday weekend and there was a wedding there, too but they had plenty of staff on hand to accommodate the number of guests. I only had to wait one time for a request I made for my room and the staff readily made my checkout time a little later to accommodate me for the wait. (extra room towels) The kids enjoyed the lazy river and the weekend activities which kept them busy. We will definitely be back.

Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a great stay. Everyone was very helpful and professional. Only complaint was lack of chairs in pool area. You had to get to pool area before 8 am to get a chair. So you can't sleep in. My kids loved it!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked two nights (Saturday - Monday) as a birthday "staycation" in the San Antonio area. We are SO happy we chose this resort! Every staff member we encountered was kind & helpful. Although it is a little pricey, it was well worth every penny. The pool/lazy river area was awesome. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast buffet at Cibolo Moon and enjoyed the large screen tv's while eating lunch and dinner at High Velocity. We visited with a 12 & 17 year old who had no complaints the entire weekend. I would & have recommended this hotel to everyone I know looking to stay in or visit San Antonio for a few days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The resort amenities are perfect for a family with kids of any age. There is not much I can add to the "pluses" already listed here. I was disappointed in who they let in the hotel. I learned from the consierge that the JW sells weekend passes to people who want to utilize the swim park, but who are not staying at the hotel. On the weekend these people totally took over the swim park. I don't mean to sound erudite, but the people at the pool the weekend I was there were not the type of people you would expect to find at a JW. I was shocked and dismayed. If I wanted a community feel, I would have taken my family to Schliterbahn. I wanted the exclusivity and pampering so commonly associate with the JW brand. During the week, it turned back into a JW with a JW crowd at the pool. Overall I liked the hotel. But I won't take my family back over a weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amy W, Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the candid feedback about your stay. We are glad that you found our resort beautiful and that you were able to take advantage of our family-friendly amenities, but apologize that you had a bad experience at the River Bluff Water Experience during the weekend. Unfortunately, the concierge you spoke with provided you with incorrect information as we do not sell passes to non-guests. River Bluff is only available to resort guests, not to the public. We have since followed up with our entire concierge team to ensure that they are aware of this. We usually have a higher number of guests during the summer weekends, which is likely the reason why the water experience was busier. Again, thank you for this feedback, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and we hope to see you and your family again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We decided to split up our drive to SPI and spend the night here. Kids had a blast at the water park. We had a great dinner at Cibolo Moon. Great service as always. We joked about canceling the rest of our trip and just stay at the JW.

• Stayed July 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was here for a convention in June. We had two lunches and dinners with the convention. Not often do you get such good food at a convention with so many people. The food was great the best food I have had at a convention i can remember. The hotel was very nice too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!