“great resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Hoboken, New Jersey
“great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

very nice resort, great service, very clean. they have a large swimming pool with a lazy river and water slides. heard the golf course was very nice (looks it). food was also pretty good, pricy but good. recommend taking day trip (few hrs needed) to see alamo and river walk. not much more needed to be seen in san antonio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,044 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice for a work conference in late Feb/early March. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and I enjoyed walking around the property and neighborhood close by. It was too chilly to use the pool but it looks nice, spacious and fun for the kids. The rooms are very nice and some have the extra benefit of having a full balcony with chairs. I enjoyed the sunsets from my balcony with a glass of wine after a long day of being cooped up in a conference room. I enjoyed room service one evening with attentive and capable service. This isn't the hotel to stay at if you want to be close to the river walk and downtown but is the perfect place to get away from it all and relax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel. Good for golf groups or families. Two golf courses to play. Both are solid. The Oaks course is very difficult but fun to play. The hotel has 1000 rooms. My room was first class. I ate at the sports bar called Velocity and it was good. Everything from bar food to steak or fish. The Cibolo restaurant was very good as well. I heard the steak house is top notch as well. I didn't use the pool area but it is tremendous for kids and families. Lazy river, slides, all the stuff. It's probably 45-50 minutes to downtown and the Riverwalk area. This hotel is one you check in and never leave the property until you head back to the airport.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just attended a business conference and all I can say is the property and staff are outstanding.

The facility including restaurants, fitness center, spa, pool etc etc are all what you should expect at a JW. We were fortunate enough to be at the property during the Valero Texas PGA event (Played at the TPC course on the property).

Would recommend anyone!

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful property with great accommodations! Lazy river and water slide was great. The two championship golf courses are beautiful and outstanding maintenance. Service was great and the staff was outgoing and very accommodating!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from Monday April 1 to Sunday April 7. The hotel is very nice and staff seems friendly enough; however I had a really bad experience with Room Service. I ordered lunch on Thursday afternoon and when the woman delivered my lunch, she realized she forgot the side salad. She left to get the side salad and returned 10 min later with the side salad. While she was gone, I decided I was going to eat my enchilada until I realized there was no silverware. When she returned with my salad, I told her I did not have any silverware and she left again to go fetch some silverware. I was unable to eat my meal until about 30 min after it was originally delivered. I was definitely annoyed, but did not mention it or take it out on the service staff. The woman who delivered my meal felt bad about the experience and asked if I like wine. She said she would have a bottle of wine and a cheese plate delivered to my room later that day to make up for what happened. About 10 min after she left my room, she called me to see what time I would like my wine and cheese delivered. I told her 5pm. I stayed in my room until 6:30pm that evening and never received my bottle of wine and cheese plate. I could have lived with the "mistake" that was made with my lunch; however it is very disheartening that they promised something to make up for their mistake and didn't follow through. This is by far the worst service I have ever received at a Marriott. We are very loyal Marriott customers and I am currently thinking of switching brands because of this incident.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a short stay due to work... The staff ask the nature of our business/pleasure? We replied honeymoon... The bartender Stephanie sent(on her own, not the hotel) brownies, strawberries & a wonderful light sparkling wine! The hotel staff provided a special padded hanger for my dress... Provide late checkout & covered dessert at our meal... Everything was "Congrats Mr & Mrs!" This place is gorgeous with huge live oaks everywhere, our room was beautiful, fully equipped walk in 2 person shower & an oversized tub. Segway Tours if the grounds, full waterpark , lazy river, kids area, swim up bar, food cabana, several pools & the entire water park is heated in case at say spring break its chilly to us Texans. Oh and, volleyball, tennis, basketball & a world class TPC players golf course & clubhouse!!!!! Overall I could not have asked for more accommodating service, staff, more beautiful views!! Wonderful place to be! We're taking the kids summer break!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!