This is really an impressive place. It reminded me of being at a Hawaiian luxury resort--the warm weather probably helped. The hotel is about 30 minutes north of downtown & 15 minutes north of the airport. It is very large and modern, with a lots of great amenities an on-site PGA golf course, large and attractive conference facilities, an upscale spa, and a great water park, complete with a lazy river, a sports bar, and other amenities. There is also a nearby outlet mall with some good shopping.
I like this area of San Antonio. It is in the hills, so the setting is nice. It is a reasonably short drive to the Riverwalk, which is worth a visit. But the downtown area is a bit dilapidated, outside of the Riverwalk itself. The JW Marriott is in a much more attractive setting.
I'm very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa