We just returned from a week at the JW Marriott and couldn't have had a better time. It was just wonderful.
We booked last minute after it looked like our beach vacation might be rained out so we made our plans rather hastily. Because of that, I didn't spend much time looking at the hotel online. I'd seen the photos on the web site, but I just figured we were going to a nice hotel with a big pool and if our four-year-old got bored we could take him to Sea World. Well, no need for that. The JW Marriott is so expansive and beautiful. It's truly a resort, not just a hotel. The pool area is not just a pool area. It's really a mini waterpark with three waterslides, fantastic lazy river, large family pool, separate pool for small children/preschoolers and an adults-only pool.
The food was just wonderful everywhere, but especially at Cibolo Moon. We had the breakfast buffet every morning and loved it. Also, have dinner at least one night at Cibolo Moon. It's worth it. We did S'mores every night and Star Gazing is fun. You'll see Saturn, Mars and the moon. Plenty of activities for preschool through age 12 with the kids center. Our son did the Gummy Worm Chase and Flag Tag and had a great time.
For such a large resort, I was surprised that, for the most part, it didn't feel crowded. We were there Monday through Saturday and for most of the week there weren't that many people around even though we were told the hotel was at or near capacity every night. I chatted with one lady at the pool who had stayed at the hotel several times and said that it usually is that way during the week because there are conferences going on and the business people are in meetings so the pool isn't overcrowded. The weekend, though, is a different story. We noticed a lot more people there on Friday evening, but it made for kind of a festive atmosphere since the dining patio at Cibolo Moon was full, the sports bar was full, lots of people at S'mores and Stargazing and sitting around in chairs throughout the property with their drinks, talking and having fun. So, it was nice during the week because it was so peaceful, but also fun with all the people around.
I really loved the place and can't wait to go back. Thanks, Marriott, for a wonderful experience.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.