I wanted to take my husband on a weekend get-a-way for his 30th birthday. I did A LOT of research on Texas Golf Resorts and heavily considered La Cantera, The Hyatt Hill Country, Barton Creek and Horseshoe Bay as well. I am SOOOOOO glad we went to the JW Marriott SA Hill Country Resort. After staying here I will NEVER visit the other golf resorts. There is no need. This resort is perfect.
The service is AMAZING. Every single employee that works there is friendly, happy, looks at you when passing by and says hello, asks how you are, if there is anything they can do for you. Each one of them is quick to please. They seem like they are happy working there and every one of them looks at you in the eye when they pass you by and greets you with a smile/good morning/good afternoon. Many of them remember you the very next day too! The service is most impressive.
The room is gorgeous. There's not a bad view from any room. We had a breathtaking view of a golf course and gorgeous gazebo and water fountains.
There are bean bags and lots of grass areas for family games.
The water park is so fun! The slides are thrilling and the lazy river is relaxing. We are in our 30's and still enjoyed it so it's not just for kids!
The adult pool is BREATHTAKING. It is an infinity edge pool that over looks a gorgeous, green golf course. It's like a postcard. I felt like I was sitting in a spot that they would film the Bachelor at. I am serious. The view is absolutely incredible!
The grounds (both inside and out) are just glistening. They are very clean, well kept and just stunning.
The cocktails are tasty! Loved the chocolate martini at the High Velocity bar.
The fish tacos and onion petals by the pool are to-die-for. YUMMY! I am still craving fish tacos!
We loved the sports bar- High Velocity. Very cool spot to watch a good game!
Downtown San Antonio wasn't very far- 30 minutes away. For anyone that complains about the distance- it's close enough to the city if you want to get to downtown- but it is in the Hill Country- meaning a gorgeous place to relax. If you can't handle 30 minutes to the city-which isn't that far anyways- then just stay downtown. But the resort is supposed to be a getaway place and a little farther out.
On a side note- we went in to town one night and ate at Bohanans. It's exquisite and highly recommended.
I want to discuss the price point- It's a 5 star resort and you DEFINITELY get what you pay for. I thought it was quite reasonable and expected to spend much more than our final bill actually. The drinks and food aren't any more than any other hotel would be, to be honest. I felt like the prices were very fair. It's not the cheapest place in town, sure, but the luxury resort is well worth the splurge! You will not be dissapointed.
My husband is a total golf SNOB. He only plays at the very best places and is very critical about courses. He LOVED both courses. He said the courses are gorgeous, challenging and the conditions were the best he had played at. He has played other TPC golf courses and he said this was by far the best one!
I cannot wait to go back to the the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country! If you are looking for a golf resort- this is it!!!! Promise!!! If you are looking for a Hill Country get-a-way, it won't get any more relaxing than this. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, stay here! It's the PERFECT romantic get-a-way and would also be great for families too!
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.