PROS: Check in was quick and seemless. Our room was just like a courtyard. Nothing spectacular but we hardly spent any time in the room. Golf course is beautiful but difficult for the average golfer. Mango towels were very nice. Pool was fantastic for families. Slides were great as was the kids area. Get to the pool EARLY to reserve your spot as space is limited after about 11:30, especially weekends. There are some quiet spots around the pool to unwind as well if you need to get away from the kids. Food was great throughout the resort...Pricing was on par with other resort food. The Buffet restaurant was great...Order off the menu for even better food! Staff around the hotel were very responsive to anything we needed, which was not much. Beds were really comfortable. All sorts of great stuff to do with kids, although some of the activites had fees that went along with them. We kept to the free stuff and the kids were busy throughout. The movie at the pool and the hamster ball was pretty fun!
CONS: Parking is difficult if you do not valet...tough to find a spot within 100 yards of entrance after 5:00PM. Also, be prepared to wait for your orders from the pool bar or restaurants. However, the wait staff always kept us informed and apologized for the delays, which was nice. Resort fee was a little steep...make sure to take advantage of your 2 free drinks.
BOTTOM LINE: We will be going back again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The world-class resort features 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the 36 hole TPC San Antonio and the sophisticated Lantana Spa. Resort guests will find culinary delights and boutique shopping awaiting them at every corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Jw Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort And Spa