“Very, very good place to try in SA.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Il Sogno Osteria

Il Sogno Osteria
200 East Grayson No. 100, San Antonio, TX (Midtown)
(210) 223-3900
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Neighborhood: Midtown
Chicago, Illinois
“Very, very good place to try in SA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can't say that Italian food is the first thing I think of in Texas but if you're tired of Tex Mex, Il Sogno is a good option. The antipasto bar had a good selection of dishes from beet and goat cheese salad to roasted vegetables and roasted cauliflower (I'll overlook the fact that nothing was refrigerated and they encourage people to go up to the antipasto bar to breathe all over the food). The pizzas were tasty. All of our entrees were well prepared and special requests were honored with only a little hesitation on the part of our waiter. The desserts were good though I'll admit that $10 for a dessert is still hard for me to swallow.

Visited June 2013

Palm Coast, Florida
“Great food, and plenty of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate here for the first time and will certainly be back. I had the Pork with a flat homemade pasta which was excellent. The wine was very good and it was nice thiey called me back when I tried to get a reservation. They were closed at the time and called me when they opened for dinner to let me know they had a table for us. Service was the only thing that could have been improved. A couple of times, our waiter seemed to disappear. He was very good at describing the entrees and other menu items.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harlingen, Texas
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

So, I'll be the first to admit that I thought this was a seafood place because I thought Osteria was the Spanish word for oyster, but I was happy to see that they had legit Italian! The pizza was amazing, and I'm very tempted to go back if for nothing else than the bean spread and focaccia! Going back soon!

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Absolute love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I love Italian food and it was fantastic. The staff was amazing and just the right amount of attentive. Our waiter even suggested a delicious bottle of wine that accompanied our meal perfectly. We are new to fine dining and after that experience I suggest one salad (between two) and appetizers to share. The proportions are massive, so share and everyone get different things. This was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, TX
“perfect for birthday breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We celebrated daughter's 21st birthday beginning with breakfast on a Saturday morning. My wife thinks their lattes are the best around, with strong expresso shots. The french toast, omelettes, and pancakes are superb. I loved their steamed hot chocolate!

Visited May 2013