“Great deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   524 South St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Fiesta Suites San Antonio Riverwalk) (East Side)   |
Ranked #133 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference last week. Easy walk to anywhere. Rooms were inexpensive and clean. Good value. Don't eat the breakfast for $10. Walk to blocks to Schilos Deli and eat great food for half the price.

• Stayed January 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear erickl1000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your positive comments, and are are very pleased to hear you were satisfied with the location and accommodations of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is okay.

Pro's: Its clean and the toilets flush with a ton of force (just in case you need that). Its reasonably priced

Cons: While the location is just a few blocks from the riverwalk area, it feels a bit isolated. A few blocks away is the Westin which is nice but more expensive, of course. A few more blocks you have the Sheraton which is located in the heart of the the downtown area.

Its a four points which I have never really been fond of. This one is better than most Four Points I've stayed at but its a budget hotel and you pretty much know what you're getting. Many of the other Four Points I've been to have been kind of disgusting. This one was descent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback we certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on our hotel!!! You are absolutely correct, these toilets have some horsepower to them! :)

I am finding out that very few guests such as yourself recognize the Four Points brand, and in traveling myself, have noticed that we do have a better than usual Four Points. It is true, we are about a 5-7 minute walk from the Riverwalk, but it does make a difference in paying an extra $100.00 to $150.00. Especially during the weekend.

When traveling back to San Antonio, we hope that you will stay with us again!
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was highly rated on Trip Advisor and while the room was neat and comfortable, if you are looking for a peaceful night's sleep, this might not be the place to stay. We could the room next door clearly and above us. There was some cleaning outside by the window to our room early in the morning and I thought it might be squirrels or something worse scratching at the screen. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Joan J,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced in your room, and totally understand how this left you dissatisfied with the hotel. I am glad to hear you found your room to be neat and comfortable, and would love to welcome you back on your next visit so we can find a room that better suits you.

Please feel free to call the hotel's General Manager, Rob Pena, directly at 210-212-8701 prior to your next arrival so we can make sure your needs are fulfilled for the duration of your stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here: good location not far from the Riverwalk, spacious rooms, comfortable bed, great shower with good water pressure & hot water. Really liked the shower dispensers for soap & shampoo & conditioner - no fussing with little bottles! Outdoor pool is small but lovely. Free WiFi. Our only disappointments: trains run nearby all night long and blow their horns (woke us up repeatedly); no free breakfast ($10); pay for parking ($12).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Just when you thought you have heard it all......the train whistle blows!!! I am sorry about the noise you had to experience. This one is a first for us.

On the other hand, I am glad to know that the new shower dispensers were a hit with you and your family. We just recently installed them in December, so we have not really had much feedback on them.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I would love to have you back to our hotel. Please call me and let me know how I can make up for the noise.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Admittedly, I chose the Four Points by Sheraton in downtown because I had enough Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points to use for my stay. I also have heard good reviews on it and the fact that it is close to the Riverwalk. The hotel room was nice. There was a separate sitting area from the bedroom, so the sofa in there could serve as a place to sleep on if you need extra room. The decor was not too fancy but pleasing to the eye. The only complaint I have was the lack of basic toiletries that I've usually come to expect from a Four Points. It's not a major complaint as I usually bring my own toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.), but it was just unusual for this type of hotel. The location of this hotel to Riverwalk is not bad, you would have to walk about 4-5 blocks to get to the nearest side of the Riverwalk and to downtown, so not bad at all. The staff is quite friendly and willing to answer any questions or give you the assistance you need. I did order some room service for breakfast and the food was quite good for how much they charged. I did not get to use the pool or fitness center but I did see them and I think they looked, at the very least, adequate in serving the purpose. There is a small restaurant as you enter the hotel and also a coffee/convenience store to the side.

If you are a business traveler who needs to stay closer to downtown or want a fancy hotel, this is not the place to go. However, if you are traveling for pleasure and want a classy, decent and not-so-expensive hotel, the Four Points is perfect!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your experience at our property. The Four Points Brand recently changed their amenity program and how it is delivered. We now provide shampoo, shower gel, and conditioner in bulk. They are mounted in each of our bath/shower area walls.

I do apologize if we did not mention this to you during your stay. Starwood, as a whole, is trying to reduce its carbon footprint, and we have found that this is just one way for us to reach our goal.

We are very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and hope that we can see you agin in the near future!!!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

great hotel, good location, convenient set up, comfortable.
I can't rate it 5 star due solely to the sound proofing ; hearing neighbours around and above flush their toilets kept our friends' baby up for hours ... the flush is very loud indeed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

A very good place to Stay in the heart of downtown San Antonio. Riverwalk access is in the next block over - a very short distance away. Hotel is clean and nice and above all very affordable. Remember to add $12 to your room price. You will pay that for parking. There is private parking nearby where you can park for $5 per night. They have a buffet too, but with the riverwalk restaurants so close, I did not try it - and hence, have no comments about it.

The rooms were clean, the staff was courteous and above all I felt safe and comfortable staying at this hotel. I give it a big thumbs up.

Room Tip: I prefer to have a room that overlooks the parking lot. That way I can glance out of the window and...