“Not sure where to start” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Six Flags

You added SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Six Flags to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Six Flags
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11426 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #137 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Not sure where to start”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This use to be a great place to stay for business but will not be back unless my employer forces us to stay here.

Stayed one night as a gold member and the check in was the only thing that even resembled a comfortable experience. I got to my room and it was terrible.

- Mirror in bathroom(toilet area) was missing with all of the holes in the wall exposed.
- Laminate on night stand had been torn off and missing with the torn up night stand left in place.
- Second night stand completely missing with the wires to the bed lamps just sitting there.
- Shower stall smelled like sewer and almost unbearable to stand in there while taking a shower.
- Biggest issue of all, the security bar for the door was ripped out and missing. I do understand that there is a secondary deadbolt in the handle, but the security bar is another insurance policy and I would not let me family step one foot in this room.
- Folks going to Six Flags tracking water everywhere in the main area and the elevator from the pool.
- Most of the TV channels were fuzzy or did not come in at all.

If you decide to stay here, make sure you know what you are getting into.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

But my profile, as a PLATINUM ELITE PREMIER says high floor so what do they do, give me a first floor, handicapped room directly below a room full of kids jumping on and off the bed. No, I didn't complain to the somewhat disinterested girl at the front desk, I will take my complaints to TripAdvisor and Marriott Corp directly and place this hotel on my "never stay again" list. I have no tolerance for serious errors like this.

The room was clean and that is the only reason this hotel did not get a one star rating.

It is very hard to find, I didn't feel my truck was secure in the parking lot and with all the kids in the hotel I opted to eat breakfast at a restaurant rather than partake of their sumptuous sneezed on buffet.

Avoid at all costs in other words.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an OK property, nothing special and would most likely not book here again.

The property is at the weird intersection of 10 and Fredericksburg Road, the access road splits and you need to stay to the right, or be force to u-turn and go back up 1 mile and back down to the hotel. This is a city issue, but the hotel needs to be clear on the issues here.

Also, the traffic around the area is heavy and can take sometime to get back onto 10. The property was decent, clean. The rooms are nice, but the room we had was facing the highway an odd numbered room. There was a very strange vibration that occurred every few minutes in the room which at first felt like a small earthquake. This continued all afternoon and never stopped.

Upon return to the hotel later that night I questioned the front desk staff and was told yes, if you are this side, you will experience it because it is from the dryers on the first floor that cause this weird effect, but it won't be occurring now. We were located on the 3rd floor and this seems like there is an engineering defect in the structure if the dryers are affecting the building that much.

Due to this and no real concern for this, I will most likely never rebook here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Belleair Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good service at front desk; pleasant,helpful, and courteous.
Good location (right at I-10 across from Jim's Diner).
The prices were reasonable too.
They also offer free basic breakfast & coffee from 7am to 10am.

5 stories tall and was able to get top floor and away from elevator.

Room layout was a little cramped as there as a divider wall between the sleep area and the living area but the TV was "straddling" both sections despite the fact the TV could not be turned/twisted so one or the other could view.

The couch was absolutely disgusting with stains from only God knows what. No way that should have been allowed to stay that way for any guest.

The floor also felt like it wasn't very clean as did the entire room. Having said that, the sheets/covers "could" have been clean but lets face it, when you first enter a room and you seen stained carpet and a nastily stained couch, you start getting the heeby-jeebies.

We had prepaid 2 nights to roam San Antonio so we were committed to stay. My girl friend just straightened the bed up (slightly made up) after we took our showers and cleaned up. Since there were only 2 towels for us, we asked the front desk on the way out to add extra towels and informed her the room was ready for service.

When we came back, the bed was not changed at all, the old towels were still on the bathroom floor, the trash wasn't emptied but we did get our extra towels (LOL) so the maid service was basically non-existent.

When you add that and the dirty carpet/couch (which we would NEVER sit on), you really take away much of what the "suites" has to offer.

Although it served its purpose, the hotel room was our least favorite experience for the entire trip!

We'll try another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Take the higher floors AWAY from the elevators and demand extra towels after entering the room. If r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 daughters for 2 nights, while visiting relatives in San Antonio. The hotel is very nice and updated. The decor is retro looking. Check-in was quick and efficient and the young man who checked us in was very friendly. We were given a "goody bag" upon check-in with snacks, water, and a welcome note from the hotel manager. I thought this was a nice touch. We stayed on the 4th floor and although the hotel is off the interstate, we had no problems with noise from the road. Our room was a double queen suite and was clean and nicely updated, but was a little smaller than other SpringHill Suites we've stayed in. The room included a sitting area with a sofa, a small table, a desk, and a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was a small room with a toilet and small sink and another room with the tub/shower and counter and sink. The hotel does offer a complementary breakfast but we did not eat at the hotel for breakfast. My only minor complaints were that our carpet had a couple of large and very noticeable stains, the bathroom had very low lighting and my husband had to go all the way down to the 2nd floor to find a working ice machine. Again, this is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff and a great value. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel was a good value and close to perfect except for some little things.
My first impression when I walked in the lobby was "wow, I'm walking into Cinderella's living room." The lobby decor is really weird. Not particularly nice, just weird.
Good: the room was set up a lot different than most rooms. The toilet room was a separate room. The decor was retro with a nice tv, fridge, coffee maker, microwave and interesting lighting. The free breakfast was good, not spectacular, but good with waffles, eggs, sausage, juices and all the other stuff one would expect at a self-serve breakfast bar. It was quiet on the 4th floor. The nightly rate was really low for reserving the day before. I wasn't expecting anything this nice for the price I paid..
Now for the less-than-perfect stuff that is almost expected at any hotel. The toilet seat was about to fall off. (I would expect housekeeping to report this to maintenance). The ice machine for this floor was out of order. Housekeeping was aware of it but I had to put a sign on it, since nobody else bothered. The vanity lighting is poor. The shower water got hot enough but obviously had the scald feature set too low for my liking. There is no night light in the toilet room so if one has to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, the main light had to be turned on, flooding the sleeping area with a bright light. Both bathroom doors are sort of in the center of the room and are full length translucent glass. There is really no low light source if someone wants to get up and still be able to see around the room. Again, not a bad deal and I'd still give it a 5 simply because this place was a great value.

Room Tip: For some reason, the rooms with 2 queen beds was less expensive than a single queen bed. We only us...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I would have given this hotel an "excellent" rating, but as we were checking out, and eating breakfast, there was a time-share sales person literally hounding patrons as they came out of the elevator, tried to load their cars and while there were anywhere near the front desk. We even told the manager at the front desk that this would not go over well with us, as we are contributors and we will make not of it in our review.

Beyond this incident on our last morning, the rest of the time there was fine. The room was clean and large enough for our crew. There is a small refrigerator and microwave, so you can save left overs from the restaurant and eat them the next day, or keep your drinks cold without storing them in a cooler with ice. The layout was modern and good. There was a handwash sink in the room with the water closet, and another counter with sink in the room with the shower. Each of these rooms had sliding doors, which while a cool feature to the room, did not affort as much privacy as swing doors with gasketing. Not a deal breaker though. I would stay here again without hesitation.

We swam in the pool, which was small, but perfect for the kids. We had it all to our selves the first night, but there were others there the next two nights. Still not crowded or anythhing. Could use a few more adult chairs and tables.

Breakfast includes hot "scrambled eggs" and a side, such as home fried potatoes, or sausage. There are two waffle makers in the shape of Texas. And there is of course, the usual cereals, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, milk and juices. I put the eggs in quotes because they are not really good eggs. They are frozen and come in more of a crumble style and scramble style. I would call them edible, but not good. Everything else was good.

We also found a fantastic rate for this place, so we could not touch it staying anywhere else. It was close to the medical center, which is why we were in town, and it was also close to relatives.

Room Tip: Tell the desk clerk you want a room facing the parking lot. Should be a little quieter, as it does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Six Flags? Share your experiences!