Save Saved
You added The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Orbitz.com
The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Emily Morgan Hotel) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SeaWorld® Vacation
Ranked #28 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
New York City, New York
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staffs are very professional, appearances are well kept. Loved the hotel room, the facility is definitely top of the line. And the location is excellent, right next to the Alamo, and few blocks away from the river side walk. Great place to stay. I am totally happy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
youngcats,

We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! It is a pleasure coming to work every day in such a unique and special hotel. Not only are the gang well, dressed, but we have the happiest associates in our company per our survey!

Ya'll come back and see us soon.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel and room were very nice however the overall experience was ruined by the the way we were treated by Nathan at check -in. Our hotel was paid in full before check -in. Nathan was rude and told us unless we showed him documentation he was charging us again. Our car was already parked and had to wait at least 15 minutes for a valet to return to get our keys. I gave Nathan our paperwork and he rolled his eyes, handed it back and asked for my credit card for incidentals. I asked if there was a manager I could talk to and he said he was it and mumbled something else my husband and I could not understand. I then check my bank account the next morning ( after a night of no sleep because the AC did not work) only to see that Nathan charged us the exact same amount for our room again. $400.00 off my card total! I call the hotel back because we have have already left and they say they will take care of it and call me within the next couple hours when the charges have been reversed.I am still waiting on that call and for the charges to be reversed. Also have a call into the General Manager,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Christy D,

I want to apologize for the experience you had with our hotel. It is so unfortunate when we all work so hard every day, to have one associate lack the emotional intelligence needed to deliver beyond expectations.

Please give me a call on my cell phone at 210 865-7853 when you have a moment, as I really would like to personally apologize for our associates behavior, and get you back here and do it right.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked into the Emily Morgan with some friends for a quick visit to San Antonio. We were delighted with the property, the cleanliness, and the location. It was great to stay in a place with a little architecutral charm, too. We appreciated that it was right across from the Alamo and was just a few minutes from the Riverwalk. Only complaint is that our air conditioning didn't work very well and our room was too warm. We did mention it to the desk, but it didn't seem like anything was done to get it to work. Parking is quite expensive, so keep that in mind if you are comparing costs with other properies.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MacL,

I agree, it is a great hotel. Thank you for sharing the information on your air conditioner. We have taken it apart, and repaired it, and we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your staying with us, and thank you for posting your comments here.

New Castle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is a very spirited place. If you are adventurous, then book a room in this hotel.
Overall, the beds are extremely comfortable; the bathroom is not very private and the service providers were helpful.

Room Tip: If you want to seek extra attractions, book a room on the 14th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michele F,

Thank you for being our guest, and for taking time to share your experience. Our 14th floor is actually in the roof line with unique windows, angled exterior walls, and are very special hotel rooms. These rooms are our larger king rooms, with sofa sleepers, and some of my favorite in the hotel.

Atlanta, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Welcoming staff....beautiful room...great bartender (Thanks, David!) A stone's throw away from the Alamo and Riverwalk. Had the pleasure of meeting the GM, Chris Johnson and Director of Sales, Brent Hartman....great guys and geniunely concerned about their guests. Our conference hit during the same time as the delivery of the "William Barrett Travis Letter"...Chris supplied us with expedited passes to tour the Alamo--(would have been a roughly 2 hour wait). Folks, you can't lose with this splendid hotel! And Chris, per the conversation, responding with a joke or ha-ha to ratings is great....good luck to you all and let your staff know that they were superb!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Julieanne64,

A mushroom walked into ORO sat down and ordered a drink... Our bartender David said to him, I am sorry we don't serve your kind here... The mushroom looked back at David and said why not? I'm a fungi...

It was a pleasure meeting you, and I am so glad you got to see the letter, and thank you again for staing with us!

Renton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

just checked in at this hotel after staying 2 nights in another hotel on the Riverwalk. the other hotel was more expensive but looks like a motel 6 with a bad smell. this place is amazing it's beautifully decorated and we had the kindest people helping us. we were going to leave first thing in the morning but now I've decided to have a leisurely morning and enjoy this hotel to its fullest. it's amazing that Chris Johnson the general manager gives you his cell number for concerns questions about the Alamo or anything else you want to talk to him about. we hope we get to meet him while we're here if not we want him to know we had a great time. our son is a soldier at the Air Force Base so we know will be visiting again and this will be the hotel we choose!

• Stayed February 2013
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
fivelimes,

First let us say thank you for your son's service, we all truly appreciate those keeping us safe, and the courageous efforts of the men and women in uniform. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and sorry I did not get a chance to meet you.

I do put my cell in the room, as we can never be perfect in our service delivery, but I feel strongly if given a chance, we can be perfect in our service recovery!

We look forward to having you back as our guest!

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Emily Morgan for the first time after visiting Downtown San Antonio for over 30 years. My husband was quite fond of the warm chocolate chip cookies we received at check in. I booked the room online, and requested the corner suite. It was a nice room with a living area and a large jacuzzi tub. I especially liked the dressing table area that was separate from the rest of the bathroom. Although I called to ask about the privacy of the room with all it's windows, we noticed, as we walked outside, one CAN see into the bathroom, so keep the shades closed! The bed was comfortable, the couch/hide-a-bed was adequate for our son. We made use of the small refrigerator and bar sink. There was plenty of storage cabinets and drawers. The jacuzzi tub was also a nice touch, but we found out after going to bed it was a self-cleaning jacuzzi, and is rather loud! It kept turning on several times for about an hour after we used it.
I saw where another guest's review commented on the elevator situation, so I will, too. There were two or three school groups staying at the hotel at the same time, and we had a difficult time getting on the elevator, being that each time the door opened, it was packed with kids. Also, we found out that some of them thought it great fun to ride it up and down, pushing all the buttons. Perhaps hotel security could be tightened up a bit when these large groups are in house. We gave up and took the stairs (dirty and scary) and ended up in the kitchen!
The outside of the hotel is very interesting architecturally. The lobby is well appointed and there are displays of artifacts from old San Antonio featured throughout. Situated across from the Alamo, the street in front of the hotel was busy, but the double paned windows helped block out noise.
Overall a nice stay, and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suite for a larger room and great bathroom, and view. The higher floors will offe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TexasLibraryLady,

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your comments. I agree it was tough with the groups to get on and off the elevators. We are renovating our stairwells, but we are not all the way there yet, as you noticed...

Your experience is not typical of the hotel with our elevators. They are actually new, and cutting edge technology, but with the amount of group, we were overwhelmed. That said, we don't typically do group like that, and moving forward, will not be creating this experience for our guests.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Chris Johnson

Been to The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!