“Loved this hotel! Loved San Antonio!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Emily Morgan Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #25 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Del Mar, California
“Loved this hotel! Loved San Antonio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were driving across the country from Boca Raton, FL to San Diego, CA. We booked the hotel on Priceline, and were incredibly impressed with the value. We had a lovely, completely renovated room. The bathroom was really nicely done, and the room very comfortable and large with 2 double beds. We had a very nice view of the Alamo from our 4th floor room. We were greeted with cookies at check-in, and the staff were incredibly friendly at all times. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer. San Antonio (and the Emily Morgan) made a great impression on us. We want to come back. Based on some recent yelp reviews that I read, it is possible that some rooms have not yet been renovated. So if you are very particular, you may want to ask nicely at check-in for a renovated room. Every staff person I met made a super friendly, accommodating impression. We did not make any special request, and got a great room.

We did not pay for valet parking. Instead, when we arrived in the evening, we parked on the street 1.5 blocks away for free. We went out in the morning and paid the meter ($0.25/hr) for 5hrs (the max, I believe). On-street parking was abundant when we visited.

BTW, the other hotels we stayed at on our cross-country trip: Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola (good), Marriott French Quarter New Orleans (very good), Courtyard by Marriott NASA Houston (outstanding), Holiday Inn express Carlsbad NM (OK room, friendly staff, nice breakfast), Wyndham Westward Look Tucson (outstanding). We "pricelined" all hotels day-by-day as we drove, paying about $60/night for everything other than the Carlsbad property, which was $120 on priceline.

Room Tip: Renovated room with view of the Alamo is great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
VnJnAnJ,

Thank you so much for the very kind words about the team, and the hotel. We are completely finished with our rooms renovations, so rest assured, if you pass back by, we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts, and a brand new room waiting for you.

We wish you safe travels, and if you don't mind, post some travel pictures to our Facebook page, The Emily Morgan Hotel a DoubleTree by Hilton!

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We bid this room on priceline for $75/night over the pre-Christmas weekend. With tax, the total came to $95 which was of excellent value. The location cannot be beat- right next to Alamo, and within walking distance to Riverwalks. The room is super clean, and the hotel is remodeled and is in excellent condition.
I am surprised by all the bad reviews regarding this hotel. I personally find this hotel to be excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Poyee T,

Thank you for staying with us over the Holidays, and I must say, I like the way you think! Honestly I can tell you our renovations have come out even better than I could have imagined, and we appreciate your taking the time to share.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay at the Emily Morgan. Our room was at the end of the 11th floor hallway complete with refrigerator, jacuzzi tub, bookshelf full of books, and picturesque views of San Antonio and the Alamo. The bed was comfy, pillows soft, and the room smelled of citrus when we checked in. Two days later, you could still smell it!

• Stayed December 2012
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
amber8339,

Thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your feedback, and your insight into our hotel and team. I do agree that the new beds are fantastic, as are the views of San Antonio, and the Alamo grounds.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Emily Morgan. It has just rebranded as a Doubletree. I travel frequently and enjoy staying at the boutique hotels that are being added to Doubletree. There was a bit of remodeling going on, but all in all we had a great experience. It is a great location for all things Alamo Bowl. Our room on the 12th floor looked right down onto the Alamo itself! All of or encounters with the staff were great. We received especially great service each morning from the same waiter for breakfast. The workout facilities are ok, not great. Perhaps that will be upgraded. Our room was very quiet, no complaints there. Great food abounds nearby, either the Riverwalk or just off it. My son tells me the burger we had at Oro may well be the best he has ever had!

It was our first trip to San Antonio and I hope it is not our last. With the exception of the game (we are Oregon State fans) everything was just about as well as it could (although it would have been nice to have warmer days....). I hope to get to the Emily Morgan again.

I absolutely love the architecture of the place and it is really easy to find either from the skyline, or being right next to the Alamo.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
GeoPeg14,

Thank you for staying with us, and sorry about the game. We are actually putting the finishing touches on our fitness center this week, and I think the result looks amazing. We hope to have you back as our guest, and thank you for taking the tme to share you experience.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our trip to the Emily Morgan was fun but there are a lot of things that you need to know before visiting. First off, valet is $30 and there is no where else to park.. Its the only option really. The people we nice, the room was pretty. Walls are THIN, you can hear everything. When we left I checked my account and had RANDOM CHARGES. I called 5-6 times to speak with the manager and went to voicemail. I never got a call back. Finally I got ahold of a worked who tried to help me and she couldnt even explain what the charges were for. We sat on the phone and added up everything and it still didnt come out right. She said she would let the manager know and he would call me first thing in the morning. The next morning I never got that call. I called again and FINALLY he picked up. I checked my account again and all of the charges were fixed. hmm...it was a little odd. Honestly that was such a mess and I was so disappointed in the service that I will never go back to this hotel again. The only great thing about this hotel is the fact that its so close to the Alamo...but get out your checkbooks..its going to cost you a pretty penny!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
MS201313,

I am terribly sorry about the lack of follow up, and the billing error in the first place. With the excitement of converting to DoubleTree by Hilton, comes new systems and technologies. I apologize you were negatively impacted by our learning curve, and most importantly not followed up with by my team.

I take full responsibility for our shortcomings, and have reviewed your comments with our entire operations team. I hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing room! Great view -so close to everything happening downtown. Staff couldn't have possibly been nicer, from the concierge to the cleaning staff. We didn't participate in their New Year's Eve party, but the band was great & it looked really nice & fun. May have to go back next NYE. Regardless, I will be back!!!

Room Tip: The "Emily Suites" have the most amazing tubs I've ever seen in a hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
bmrmora,

Thank you for staying with us, and we wish you a safe and prosperous new year! We are looking foreward to having you back as our guest, and be sure to take advantage our our HHonors program, it's the best in the business.

Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pros: Amazing staff, big beautiful room, overall cleanliness, great luxurious toiletries, comfy bed and pillows, gorgeous shower, amazing alamo view, great food at the restaurant, across from the Alamo and main attractions.

Cons: crappy parking options (park at street meter instead), fee for wifi (seriously, that ought to be free!)

We took this trip for our daughter's birthday and she was just over the moon at how awesome the hotel was!

Room Tip: You can upgrade to an Alamo facing room, which is kinda fun to have. Google San Antonio's parki...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CJohnsonGM, Manager at The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
LinneGQ ,

First we all hope your daughter had a fantastic birthday, and with all the hotel choices in San Antonio, thank you for staying with us!

We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to having you back as our guest!

Chris Johnson

Been to The Emily Morgan San Antonio - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!