“Out door life” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 196 attractions in San Antonio
Type: Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A wide range of plants from Texas and around the world spread out over 33 acres.
San Antonio, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Out door life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

you need see this place in the spring .great place for a stroll in the sun or take the kids for some out door fun

Visited December 2013

Belle Mead, New Jersey
22 attraction reviews
“Only If You Have Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's a beautiful place and a nice part of a trip to San Antonio but I'd recommend it only if you really have the time. I wasn't too overwhelmed, particularly by the "special exhibit", which was so small that I literally walked past it twice. But coverall it was nice and reasonably priced if you spend a couple hours. It's especially nice in the evening, when it's cooler and not busy.

Visited July 2013
Sacramento, California
31 attraction reviews
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I came here twice, one on the month of May/June and the other in October. Both times were very enjoyable, but it was very hot in May/June whereas October was very pleasant. During both times, there was so much to see, and I think going to walk around the pond was my favorite part. The geese were a little scary when they were squawking at me and coming closer, but the ducks were very cooperative when I was snapping their portraits. There's also a children's garden, zen garden, scent garden, and tropical garden. There are benches all over the place to rest or take it all in. The trellis canopies were gorgeous in bloom. I had a great time in both of my visits.

Visited October 2013
Auburn Hills
4 attraction reviews
“Great Botanical Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I have visted many gradens in many states and this one ranks near the top. Clean, well taken care of and layed out for easy navigation. As a bonus, the onsite cafe is very good.

Visited December 2013
Dickinson, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Late summer visit to SABOT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was in San Antonio the first week of August 2013. We were there for three and a half days and made the most of the visit to this historical and beautiful city. My first visit in 2012 was nice, but extremely hot and the plants were suffering from the heat and not much color to speak of. This trip was very different. It's Texas, it's still hot, but that week was tolerable and so much color and so much to see that I was compelled to make a second visit the next day. I bought several packets of seeds to bring back to Houston with me. Both visits were at least two hours or longer and I only left when I was exhausted from all the walking. I went solo, so I wanted to see it all so I practically power walked throughout the property which is massive in ways that I couldn't imagine until I walked it. There is so much to see that I missed alot on the first visit, but happy that I came back to catch the rest of it. The second day I found the bird viewing area and the nature trail. The nature trail has a ranking according to difficulty. Trail 1 was packed dirt or fine gravel so wheelchairs would have no problems. Trail 2 can be reached halfway through Trail 1 and is thickly laid mulch making it a very cushy walk yet difficult to push wheelchairs through. Trail 2 follows the border of a lake that has several benches all facing the lake and a rustic cabin close to where Trail 2 ends and Trail 1 picks up again. I can go on all day and would love to, but this place is something you need to see for yourself.

Visited August 2013