“Great Staff and Service, the worst design and construction I have seen” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills

You added Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills to your Saves list
Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11605 State Highway 151, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Staff and Service, the worst design and construction I have seen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is a tough review to write. I really wanted to like this hotel - and the staff was energetic and was trying so hard to make this a great hotel. Unfortunately the staff cannot make up for the facility itself.

Having spent my early career working hotels, I saw this property fell victim to a designer that understands designs but not functionality. In my suite, there were two TV's, I turned on one, they both turned - however when I changed the channel only one wuold.

The worst as that I could hear the people upstairs when they walked around. I always knew right where they were in the room. I could hear conversations in the next room and knew when the neighbors took a shower or flushed the toilet. I didn't need to set my alarm clock, I found that I was awaken every morning by someone aruond me needing to get up earlier. This morning I was awakend by neighbor who was clearing his sinuses in his bathroom.

I am surprised that Marriott hasn't learned to establish construction standards and allowed this to happen. Isn't the core of it is feeling like you can escape into your room and get a good night's sleep at the end of the day?

Hats off to the staff that were warm, freindly and did everything they could to make this a great stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

From the glamorous foyer to the bathrooms in the spacious rooms, wonderful. I was in San Antonio for business and pleasure and found my accomodations to be the highlight of my trip. Thought the elevator was slow, the warm, inviting rooms made it worth the wait. Since the hotel was only six months old, everything was fresh and new, includuing the service. I would recommend this venue to all travelers. Sea world is right across the streets and Rudy's BBQ is on the corner awaiting your appetite. In addition to top notch rooms the pool, indoor and out, was a pleasure to enjoy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is my 2nd stay at the property and it does not disappoint. You definitely feel that you're getting a lot for your money when you stay at the hotel. This hotel is right next door to a Valero gas station and a Fairfield by Marriott property.

You get good vibes walking into the open reception area. The decor is modern yet it suits everyone. I especially like that there are mini TV screens in their dining booths, this will definitely help occupy the kids while they're waiting for their meals :)
They have a bistro/Starbucks that's open starting at 6:30am. Across from the reception area, they have a big screen that you can use to get information about restaurants, shops, weather, etc.
The room is just the right size, although I typically stay in rooms with the 1 king-sized bed. Their bedding is comfortable, although I had to use several pillows to get comfortable and not have my neck hurt while sleeping.
Their pool area looks very nice and kid friendly. It also has a swim up bar, although I haven't had the time to take advantage of it during my trips. The hotel also has a decent size fitness area.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel is very close to Sea World and they provide a shuttle to and from the park. There is a convenience store next door, and a McDonalds and a Rudy's down the street.
It is still pretty much out in the middle of no where, although there is a sister property next door, and a short drive up 151 to Loop 1604 where you kind find lots of restaurants and some shopping. We found a great rate for this hotel. My advise is to find a discounted rate or save your money and stay elsewhere. For the price we paid, it just seems like, well, I guess I just expected more. More outgoing staff, I expected clean glasses in my room everyday, and to not have plastic toilet seats (that were broken) and I expected a fridge but there was no fridge, and we had a broken shower faucet that they promptly fixed. The nicest person of the staff was the over night clerk. Anytime I walked up to the counter to as a question, I was not greeted with a smile nor did I feel the staff was happy to help me. When housekeeping did not bring us clean glasses each day, we just walked down to the front lobby to get clean glasses for drinking. There are 2 computers in the business center. This is a non-smoking hotel, but there were plenty of places to smoke outside. This hotel is in a safe part of town.
The pool is awesome, with a swim up bar and 2 hot tubs, one with the inside pool and one with the outside pool. You can swim from one to the other. We had a great pool view. I would say the hotel was quiet. I am sure my kids were loud, lol.
There restaurant / food selection is very slim. Not a lot of breakfast options as I have been used to having from other Courtyards. The evening Hors d'œuvres in the lobby consisted of BBQ Meatballs and Chips and Salsa.
BTW, down town San Anotonio seems to be on the decline. Or maybe it has been for a few years since I have been there. The market center mall is like a ghost town and of course you have to pay every where you park down town. Shopping tip: Stay Out Of Downtown. If you want to shop, you can shop all you and want and park for free at one of many malls or shopping centers on the North side of town off Loop1604.
Would I stay again? If the price is right. I know my kids sure loved the hotel and of course they loved the pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My stay at the Courtyard here in northwest San Antonio was relaxing and even luxurious. The outdoor/indoor combo pool was among the nicest I have ever seen. There is a swim-up bar, two hot tubs, both indoor and outdoor pools which are connected, and two very nice splash pads for little kids. This hotel, which seemed to be recently built, was extremely clean and well-maintained. They even offer a free shuttle to SeaWorld, which was a huge benefit considering the savings versus having to pay a parking fee there. The check in process was smooth and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were well-appointed, clean, and spacious. The only thing missing was an in-room refrigerator and microwave. I didn't have the chance to sample the hotel's restaurant, but Rudy's BBQ is just up the road, and their smoked turkey is phenomenal. A McDonald's is also nearby, conspicuously located on the road to SeaWorld. There is also a convenience store located immediately adjacent to this hotel. Overall, this an absolutely great place to stay, and is highly recommended to families traveling with children. My nephew couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to swim in the pool! Once again, I must say that the pool is among the best I've ever been to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Denton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We traveled with our two daughters ages 10 and 14 as well as with another family who has younger children. The hotel reservations staff was very accomodating of our request to get our rooms close together. Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They were great at giving us information and directions for attractions in the area. Every employee we encountered was friendly and always asked if they could help or get us anything.

Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The pool is one of the best things about this hotel. We spent a day just hanging out and relaxing at our hotel because we enjoyed the pool so much.

The most impressive thing occured after we left the hotel. Our teenage daughter ended up losing her ipod. It had fallen out of her purse in the room as we were leaving. We called the hotel and explained the situation and they went up to the room and located it.. called me back on my cell phone (we were in the process of driving home with a very upset teenage girl) and said they would mail it back to us. We ended up calling the hotel with our corporate FedEx account number and we had the ipod the next day.

The customer service at this hotel is fantastic - from the housekeeping personnel all the way up to the hotel management staff (who actually came up and introduced themselves to us and asked if there was anything we needed.)

We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This hotel was a great place to stay, however, future customers need to be made aware of Presto Pizza - Inferno Pizzeria - Angelos Pizzeria. This company is fraudulent and has bad health department records. They overcharge (adding hotel tax rates) and fail to refund any amount or give a credit. If you get a flyer under your door - don't call! Only trust places located around the hotel and flyers with an address listed! We would definitely stay at this hotel again - staff was nice and having a bar in the pool was a nice touch!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills? Share your experiences!