“Close to SeaWorld” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills

Save Saved
You added Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills to your Saves list
Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11605 State Highway 151, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Close to SeaWorld”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a newer Courtyard that is clean and comfortable. There is a bistro restaurant inside that serves very good food and offers room service. The food was a little pricey but convenient. They made a mistake on the order and the manager more than made up for it.
It is on the feeder road of the 410 Loop and is very close to Sea World. I normally get a suite at Courtyard, but this was a room with a pullout sofa that proved to be comfortable and roomy enough for a family of 4.
The night we were there, there was a DJ at the Pool that looked like alot of fun. I am not sure if it was a private party or not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Matthew O, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and that when you did have a challenge - it was solved promptly and to your satisfaction. Our Pool Party is for all guests, and I am sorry that wasn't communicated to you - because we would have loved to have you join us. The more the merrier! Looking forward to your return, and thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pool had music and a light show from 7-10 PM. My kids thought they were in heaven for the evening with lots of music and games. The DJ was great with lots of music and games, kept it rated G too, but still had the latest music. The buffet was great for the price, rooms were new and clean. The sofa bed in the king room is not a sofa bed, it's a chair bed FYI...my other child slept in the king bed with my husband and I which worked out fine. We really enjoyed our trip! Not for a quiet romantic trip though.

Room Tip: One with a pool view..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We truly appreciate you having stayed with us. I'm really glad the kids enjoyed the pool, DJ, and games during Spring Break. We feature the DJ and pool party during Spring Break and weekends during the Summer Months - and as you saw - everyone really has a great time. Some king bedded rooms have full size sofa beds, and others the single twin sized sofa bed, and others still have no sofa bed at all. Please let us know next time that you prefer the full size, so we can be sure we have the right type of sofa bed for your family.

I am glad you had a great time! Come back soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Thank you soo much to Chris Curtis and his tea, for making our stay amazing. We are veterans of San Antonio and usually stay on the Wild Oak Ranch, but this year we opted for something different. Here's what we loved:

*The staff is super friendly. They take very good care of all their guests, especially military.

*The pool is fantastic, and they go to the 9's to make it fun for the kids AND the parents, with fun games for the kids and an easy swim up bar for the parents. My sons loved the limbo competition, and they got to take home prizes that the hotel gave out.

*The breakfast buffet is amazing. I repeat, amazing. And oh yeah, it's free for the kids and like $10 for adults. Um yeah. No brainer.

*The shuttle to and from the park is super convenient and super friendly. We have 4 kids, and the driver helped with everything. They were right on time and very friendly. Did I mention, it is like 30 seconds to the park?

*The room was fantastic. It was very roomy and had comfortable beds with plenty of space for all of our kiddos. The staff asked on multiple occasions if we were ok and what they could do to help.

What we didn't like:

*Leaving. The kids are already begging to go back.

Nice work guys. Didn't think anyone could top Wild Oak, but you guys nailed it. Thanks! We'll see you next year.

Room Tip: Pool view is awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Mr. Elverum! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit, and we really look forward to you returning! All of us here on staff work hard to make sure each and every family going to SeaWorld has all their questions answered, so that you can spnd more time in the park doing what you came here to do, and that's HAVING FUN! Thanks again, and please come back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're headed to Seaworld this hotel is the one for you. The shuttle service to Seaworld is great....drops you right at the entrance and picks you up there too. The indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs are great and my 8-year old had a blast. Unfortunately there is no free breakfast or even complimentary coffee in the lobby. That's ok because there are plenty of eating places nearby and the hotel food is ok, just overpriced. I used my points for our stay which made it even nicer!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review here at TripAdvisor and your feedback regarding our property. We are happy to offer the complimentary shuttle service to and from SeaWorld whenever the park is open. Guests like you love the convenience, and we love being able to ensure you don't have to worry about parking or walking through that huge parking lot after a long day of walking through SeaWorld! Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. Looking forward to your next visit!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel four weeks in a row while consulting for a local company. The hotel staff was personable, friendly and helpful in every way. The hotel offers a nice pool area with a bar that you can swim up to. The fitness room offers free weights (dumbbells) and a machine along with treadmills, ellipticals and recumbent cycles. There's a nice bar inside for a night cap and plenty of televisions for watching sports. They offer a decent variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although there's plenty of dining options nearby on highways 151 & 1604. Parking isn't been a problem. There are shuttles that can take you to and pick you up from Sea World all day long. They even picked me up from the airport when I was stranded one day. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I can't say enough good things about this property and I highly recommend staying here. The staff will treat you right.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor! After staying here for so many weeks, your review is so important to all of our team. You were a wonderful guest to host, and we appreciate all your business. Looking forward to your return!
Virden IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The main issue I have with it, is the sleeper mattress on the sofa in our king room, was ripped about 3 inches on the side and the padding was incredibly worn. It truly was just covering the springs. After a full day of activities with our newly graduated airman, which included watching the SA Spurs. I mention this, because it put us back at our hotel around midnight. NOT a time to discover issues with your bed! I did go down and asked for a new mattress or something for my girls to sleep on. The night clerk did bring up 2 fluffy comforters and a mattress cover. I think they expected a tip. I wasn't going to tip for something that should not have been an issue. I suggest unfolding the sofa BEFORE needing it. The parking was tight at times. It's got a very small parking lot. There was roof replacement going on. Surprisingly quiet however, that didn't bother us. The towels, not nearly as fluffy as other 2 star hotels we'd stayed at previously. The bathroom was very nice and roomy. The bedroom was tight, we decided to book at this one, because we wanted a room that was comfy and cozy in case our airman wanted to crash there for a few hours. The pool was great, really nice sitting area and we did enjoy the overall atmosphere of the hotel. I do not believe we will book at this hotel again. For the money, the room was too small, mattress issues. Not something I care to deal with when trying to relax and enjoy the SA area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Carolyn, for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you had with our sofa beds, and am very happy that the staff on duty at the time was able to come up with a solution. We are in the process of changing those mattress pads, so that guests will not have the same experience that you had. Thanks again for staying with us - I invite you to contact me personally at the property should you wish to return to San Antonio so that I can ensure you have a problem free stay. Thanks again.
Windham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Searched web for hotels before our visit, Saw that the weather for Febuary was not that warm for just an outside unheated pool.
I picked this hotel for the indoor outdoor pool and was not disappointed. I have 2 teenagers and I knew my granddaughter and daughter would be visiting us they loved the pool.
And found the whole hotel was very impressive,
Also cudo's to John at the front desk very helpful.
I was craving Texas barbque before we left found Rudy's is 1 block away you have to try this place.

Room Tip: Had a room with the balcony, The Room was very clean. Pool was awesome.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Mike! I appreciate you taking the time to leave our propery feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our facility, and so glad that you enjoyed our swimming pool area and your guest room. John is truly one of our best and brightest employees, and he was very pleased to be mentioned in your comments. Thanks again!

Been to Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills? Share your experiences!