“Best onion rings ever - even better than mine!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Best onion rings ever - even better than mine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate out on what may have been a porch at one time which made for good people watching. We split a plate of onion rings because the order is so huge, and they are so tender and good they are better than mine. I had the jalapeno queso chicken sandwich and my dad had the same but with a burger instead of chicken, and my mom had the fried mushrooms (which were also splendid) and we could not eat it all, there was just so much good food.

The service was good, the atmosphere was funky, and the food was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Good burgers in a neat atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were seated in the porch area of the restaurant which has a neat atmosphere. I had the bacon cheeseburger, which was good, but not the best in town. The fries do not come with the burgers, you must buy them separately- the fries there are average,I wouldn't get them again. The onion rings do stand out though, and we thoroughly enjoyed them.Beers are $5 a bottle, expensive for a burger joint. Their frozen margaritas were not good at all, we could not drink them- not sure what they use as their mix and the texture was very grainy , not smooth as you would expect them to be. The waitress was kind enough to remove them from our bill. I'm not sure I would return to this restaurant, as there are plenty of other burger places in San Antonio that deliver a better burger and much better fries.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Great old-timey atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had burgers and onion rings at Good Time Charlie's. While the burgers were good, they weren't my favorite (they weren't greasy enough, so I'm sure that's why many people love them!). Onion rings were really tasty...the breading was just right. We were seated in the "porch" area and it was a great, summery atmosphere. Our waitress was happy and pleasant and efficient and we really liked her (I wish I remembered her name ... but I do remember that she had fun, bright red hair!).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coppell, Texas
“Rude server”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our waitress was so rude, clearly we were putting her out just by our very presence. My husband and I were visiting for the weekend and my brother in law wanted to eat here because of the chicken fried steak. My husband did not like his - said it was just ok. I was rushed to order so got the grilled cheese sandwich. It was burned black on the outside but I dared not say a word!
I only had water to drink (another annoyance for her) and the water tasted awful!
I will not be back. Ever.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Good times had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I frequented Charlie's when I was attending school up the road at Incarnate Word. It was the spot for late night dining after rehearsals and where we would converge after opening night for pitchers of Shiner Bock. I still dream about their cream gravy, which paired perfectly with their delectable chicken strips. The staff was friendly and efficient, and knew us as reliable customers, even if we were poor students.

Visited July 2012