“Ideal for business” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
Roanoke, USA
“Ideal for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Completely depends on where you do business in San Antonio. I travel here once per month and have enjoyed every trip for the past 24 months. Get out of your room and go downstairs - go to the bar and as for Jeremy. Well trained front desk and great location at a reasonable cost - hard to expect more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is consistent with the Aloft chain - simple, has what you need, free bottled water, free coffee, free wifi - room was clean although tile in the shower could use a scrub. Staff were friendly enough, but nothing to rave about. The location is really why we choose this hotel - easy to get to from the airport (but GPS won't get you there) and convenient to downtown and the medical center. Note however, that If there are noisy people anywhere on your floor, you will hear them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here while in town for a funeral. Checked in at night, the evening staff was awful. Some older and bald gentleman checked me in and couldn't have been more disinterested in helping me. It was a Friday, bar was very loud with sloppy drunks. Had a room that faced the shopping mall which unfortunately also had a bar. Late night patrons were loud entering and leaving from across the street. Made it very hard to sleep until after 3am when they finally left. Not impressed with the cleanliness or the upkeep of the bathroom. Shower was rusty and moldy in many places. Had a A++ experience when traveled to aloft downtown houston but this location was an F in my book. Would have rather stayed at the Drury Inn where my family stayed and they all had FREE breakfast!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I arrived tired after a funeral and a full and early day. The desk clerk couldn't have been more disinterested. I am older and this hotel was chic/hip. I didn't fit the profile. I manage hotels and have stayed at lots of different properties. This is a 30 something 40 something hotel. The clerk responded to some younger guys and took quite a while to recognize me. He got on the computer after talking to the guys. Then the security guard came up and he talked to him. Finally he looked up and just said "checking in". Not even a welcome? Where has hospitality gone. The room was fine, minamalistic, on the smaller side but well laid out. Shower only but it was very nice with glass door and rain shower head. Well equiped for technology. I was concerned as it was in front of a mall, my room faced the parking and busineses and a street plus near the elevator-surprise it was very quiet, the curtains blacked it out well (I have to have that) and the bed was frim but confortable. Free water bottles and coffee/tea in the room. I won't hold the staff against the brand yet but another similar experience and I will go where I am appreciated. Oh, the bartender was the one bright spot. He was super nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and in good repair. A little difficult to find using GPS. Bed was very firm and linens were fairly rough texture. All that's fine but the constant noise from the elevator on the other side of the wall was hugely annoying. Stay down the hall. :)

• Stayed February 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I am a business traveler and I stay at the aloft in Austin often as well as the "W" on Poydrus in New Orleans. This was my first stay at aloft in San Antonio. I have now booked all my stays there through December. (Which is 1 or 2X a month) This hotel is exactly like the one in Austin Domain and I am very happy with the consistency. It is not by the riverwalk, yet not too far of a drive. No parking fees which is a huge plus, tons of restaurants in the area and nice "happening" bar scene last night. Yet when I went to my room after one glass of wine I didn't hear a peep of noise and it was a full on party with a band downstairs! Room VERY clean and simple and I think that's what makes it "clean". No clutter to collect dust or such and smelled great when I walked in. (Unlike many hotels that smell stale when u walk in the room) The girl that checked me in on the 31st around 6pm was super nice and suggested a great authentic Mexican restaurant that was across the freeway when I asked. The manager was very nice when I checked out this morning (Feb 1st) and this is great value to stay here as well. I will be back (obviously) and continue to book at aloft when available. Also wanted to mention I was booked at a different hotel for 2 days and was so disgusted with it checked out after first day and canceled my room and came to aloft. Very happy I did and I will not make that mistake again...

• Stayed January 2013
Mesquite, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was in town from Dallas on business and when I arrived at the hotel I was suprised! The bed was comforatble and the staff was really nice. I was not aware they had one in Dallas. I will stay at Aloft every time I visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aloft San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!