“Avoid room 220” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Victoria, TX
“Avoid room 220”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and in good repair. A little difficult to find using GPS. Bed was very firm and linens were fairly rough texture. All that's fine but the constant noise from the elevator on the other side of the wall was hugely annoying. Stay down the hall. :)

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank cmpTX

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am a business traveler and I stay at the aloft in Austin often as well as the "W" on Poydrus in New Orleans. This was my first stay at aloft in San Antonio. I have now booked all my stays there through December. (Which is 1 or 2X a month) This hotel is exactly like the one in Austin Domain and I am very happy with the consistency. It is not by the riverwalk, yet not too far of a drive. No parking fees which is a huge plus, tons of restaurants in the area and nice "happening" bar scene last night. Yet when I went to my room after one glass of wine I didn't hear a peep of noise and it was a full on party with a band downstairs! Room VERY clean and simple and I think that's what makes it "clean". No clutter to collect dust or such and smelled great when I walked in. (Unlike many hotels that smell stale when u walk in the room) The girl that checked me in on the 31st around 6pm was super nice and suggested a great authentic Mexican restaurant that was across the freeway when I asked. The manager was very nice when I checked out this morning (Feb 1st) and this is great value to stay here as well. I will be back (obviously) and continue to book at aloft when available. Also wanted to mention I was booked at a different hotel for 2 days and was so disgusted with it checked out after first day and canceled my room and came to aloft. Very happy I did and I will not make that mistake again...

• Stayed January 2013
Mesquite, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was in town from Dallas on business and when I arrived at the hotel I was suprised! The bed was comforatble and the staff was really nice. I was not aware they had one in Dallas. I will stay at Aloft every time I visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denver, CP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First complaint, when in room 225 the elevator sounded like a shuttle taking off for space every single time it was in use, which as you can imagine was a lot. Made sleep very difficult.

Second, and these are small so I'll compile, water temp was reversed and handle loose on shower. Also, I tried to buy a razor (forgot mine) and all they had was a 'kit' for women. I smelled like "Tropical Mist" all day. Whatever the hell tropical mist is? Anyway, turns out they had plenty of kits for men, it was just that the front desk guy was incompetent and didn't know where to look and failed to restock the display.

Third complaint, every morning for breakfast it was a $hit show. First they were out of juice. Then they found more juice. Then they were out of milk for the coffee. Then they found more milk. Then they were out of yogurts. Then found more yogurt. All of which I pointed out and could have been easily noticed by an attentive Staff member.

Overall, this place has a good shell, but the Staff needs some polishing to pull everything together.

Room Tip: Waaaaaaay away from elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great ..ultra modern hotel with a very friendly staff. Loved my stay there. Loved the tall ceilings in my room. The bar in the lobby was adequate and there are lot of good restaurants to eat around this hotel. Another big plus is you are only 2 exits away from the airport and you can walk to the alamo draft house and watch a movie. Yes i would recommend it.

Room Tip: please read about aloft hotels before you book a room there..if your idea of a hotel is a regis or a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just like the title says, Dear God! I've never woke up in such pain! The bed was a single futon mattress atop an iron frame. The room itself WAS quite nice, big space (my buddy and I had a two queen bed room) and fully decked out. However, getting NO sleep really sucks! We both were in so much pain that we checked out early in the a.m. well before checkout; and so stiff that we had to walk it out for a half-hour or so before getting in the car.
We would've mentioned it to the gruff night auditor as to why we were checking out so soon after check-in, but it was clear he didn't want to hear about ANYTHING :-/ Additionally, waiting for nearly ten minutes before getting checked in due to no one at the front desk kinda sucks. When he did finally show up, he was pleasant enough, but not so much that it was worth such a long wait.
I can go either way with the guest relations interactions, because statistically you're going to run into that eventually at any hotel--that won't prevent me from coming back.
However: beds like that definitely will!

Room Tip: Bring your own bed, I guess?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Buddy B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Small staff footprint. Everything seems new (rugs, sheets, etc). Pillows are comfortable, beds are ok. There is a hidden parking garage that offers a more secure option for your car (ask how to get to it). I will deffinitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013