We decided to go to Sea World to celebrate Christmas and New years. While looking for a hotel around Sea World San Antonio, and since I usually prefer staying at a Starwood property, I came across this hotel to stay for 4D/3N. It was a disappointment.
The first night we stayed, the air conditioner/heater broke, so we just decided to stay under the blanket in a cold San Antonio night. We informed the front desk that our heater did not turn off/on the next morning and that we spent the whole night in the cold under the blanket and she said she will have someone look into it.
As with the other reviews, the housekeeping was terrible. I have never stayed in a starwood property with this low level of service. Most starwood property I stayed in had great housekeeping service, but this hotel is definitely an exception. The first night we arrived, the shampoo is half empty, the next day, we thought well, they should replace the toiletries anyway but Noooo!!, they never did. So we called the 3rd day to housekeeping to ask them to replace the toiletries only to be asked - which one do we need ? They are definitely very stingy when it comes to toiletries, so better bring your own if you stay in this hotel.
Another reason why I would give the housekeeping 0 star is the cleanliness of the room. We have a daughter that stayed with us and she had some chocolates and smudged some of it in the pillow and the bedsheets the first night, when we came back from Sea World, the room was cleaned up the the chocolate smudges were still very much there in both the pillows and bedsheets. We called housekeeping again and made sure they changed it, but they informed that they will change the next day.
Towels - first day, there were 4 towels, 2nd day, 3 towels, by the 3rd day, there were only 2 towels. Again, have to call housekeeping.
I have to ask myself, who is the housekeeping manager ? is this a starwood property ? am I staying at motel 8?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden near La Cantera Parkway is a luxury hotel near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Shops at La Cantera, UTSA Campus, Valero Corporate Headquarters, the Alamo, and many golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden San Antonio near La Cantera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Antonio Northwest
- Four Points By Sheraton San Antonio Northwest Hotel San Antonio