“Great New Years Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zocca Cuisine D'Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Navarro Street
Description: Zocca offers contemporary Italian cuisine, fine wine, and cocktails at one of the most scenic spots on San Antonio’s renowned Riverwalk, where towering cypress trees shade the restaurant’s riverside patio. Zocca’s casually elegant interior of burnished copper, rich wood, and handsome onyx panels creates a relaxed, welcoming ambiance. The culinary artists in Zocca’s kitchen bring a contemporary spin to traditional Old World flavors, focusing on locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients to create delectable and memorable dishes. Zocca’s private dining options can accommodate from 10 guests to 100, in an al fresco patio setting to the convivial Chef’s Table to buy-out of the entire restaurant.
Houston, Texas
“Great New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friend and I took our teenage daughters to dinner at Zocca in the Westin Hotel on the Riverwalk for New Years Eve. The menu was pre-set but there were many interesting choices and our teens loved everything they ordered. Our server was Danny. He was fabulous and even let the girls order a dessert off the regular menu so they could have creme brulee. Fantastic night!

• Visited December 2012

“:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was handed a Trip Advisor card and asked by Chef Gene to write a review (as usual)
I was at Zocca a few weeks ago with Henry Plavets. We ate at Zocca because we were going to a concert that night.
As a server we had Raul. As usual he did great. Henry and I started out with gluten free bruschetta. For the main meal Henry had salmon while I had lobster ravioli. And for dessert he had gluten free cheesecake and I had bread pudding.
As usual the service was great and food was good. And I assume your response would be, "why just good and not great or outstanding?" Well, let me tell you. I keep saying I don't like Italian. It's not to hurt anyones feelings, I just don't like it. Do I try and like it? Yes. I'm not giving up. I just haven't had that wow factor. I probably never will. Do I mention Zocca to others who actually like Italian food? Yes. Your next question probably is, "then why do you keep coming back?" Reason one: Henry works there. Reason two: I like the people that work there. And reason three: I like the desserts. "What's wrong with the food then?" Aboslutely nothing. As I said before, Italian is my least favorite. Would I get the raviolis again? No. Would I get the bruschetta again? No. The bread pudding was different this time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the cream (I don't know what you call it haha) the last time for the bread pudding was on the side. This time it was already on the bread pudding. I didn't like it this time.
Throughout the time we were there we were greeted by several people. Chef Jeff, Daley, Mr. Patrella, and several others. I wish I could remember them all.
Overall we had a great time and will be back three more times. Twice in April and one other time to use up the gift card. See y'all soon.
Sarah Stewart

Redding, California
“Nice Italian fare at the Westin hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

A simple italian restaurant by the river. The menu is not very big but still served breakfast at lunch time, so I had the eggs benedict. The service was very professional. A good choice it you want to stay in and just watch the people walking the river walk. Decor is minimalistic.

Visited December 2012
“Wonderful breakfast on the Riverwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at Zocca on New Years Day. She is a gluten-free vegan and when we told the host, he brought out the chef. Chef Eugene Schlatt said he could prepare anything that my wife wanted and he did...stir fried veggies (with broccolini, not broccoli), brown rice and even fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes. The wait staff was very attentive (even freshening my coffee when it my cup did not seem hot enough). I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are staying at the Westin or anywhere near the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Based on our breakfast experience I can't imagine how good an Italian dinner must be there. We will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Alright food, terrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Came for the brunch buffet, $30 a plate. My husband ordered coffee and had to wait 20 minutes. The food was mediocre, and the wait staff rarely visited the table. When they did eventually ask to help the drinks and provisions came 15 minutes later, if at all. The chef at the buffet table was helpful and friendly, but the waitresses were stand-offish and unavailable. I will not return to this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Food