“terrible manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel

Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel
You added Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel to your Saves list
Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7401 Wurzbach Road, San Antonio, TX 78229 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #290 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
texas
“terrible manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

This is the absolute worse place i have ever been to. I went to the hotel directly paid an outrages amount for 1 night. After finding a filthy bathroom i was told by the manager himself i should leave if i didnt like it. So i did exactly as he suggested. I could not believe that he could be so rude and inconsiderate. After traveling for hours with 2 small children i did not expect to be treated in such a rude and disrespectful manner. The manager was very abusive and kept interupting me. After asking for his superior he declined and stated only he could help me. Since i didnt get anywhere with him i decided to take my family elsewhere.

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — the management
  • Tips/Secrets — i would not stay here for free
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

I booked this hotel thru World Res, in the reservation I noted that I
would be a late arrival. I reserved a suite, and I had 6 people in my
party, they gave me a double, and lied, or rather the clerk told me
"human mistakes" and said I booked a double for one child and one adult. I contacted World Res and they also stated that I booked a suite, as such did my paperwork stated. Then it turned into, we're sorry but that's the only room left, very rude, and arrogant man, extremely. He was temperemental and combative, I thought maybe he was the night clerk, but now I'm led to believe he is the manager. This was by far the worst motel I've ever stayed in!!!!!!!!!!!
They did not offer a roll away bed, extra bedding nothing, quite rude and
made it seem as if it was my fault. It was a complete run around the
whole stay, and then they still charged me the suite rate for the double
room that I was sleeping in. The people at the front desk are rude, and
will say whatever you want, just so you will stop talkin to them. They
come off quite combative. Granted this is not a major chain, but I
though since it was merely steps from San Antonio's Medical Center it would
have some kind of credibility, but I was mistaken. I would feel wrong
if I did not say that they do offer comp breakfast to all guest, and
that's basically where the amenities end.

• Stayed July 2006
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

Most of the front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel manager has little business sense and even less concept of hospitality. I thought that he was arrogant and temperamental. The hotel recently had a change in ownership; hopefully the new owner will replace this man.

The restaurant and the free breakfast were great. The breakfast wait staff were exceptional.

We stayed in a double room suite. The room was a little run down, but the room was clean. The holes in the shower head were calcified. The furniture is old. The mattresses were hard and the sheets were coarse.

You'll need a vehicle in order to stay at the Oak Hills Suites. The hotel is about fifteen minutes from Sea World and about fifteen minutes from the Riverwalk. It is less than two minutes from most of the Medical Center Hospitals. There is a free shuttle van. This would be an inexpensive option for a long term visit for a family needing the Medical Center.

The hotel also has a pool and a few banquet rooms. We did not use these, so I cannot review them.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2003

free full breakfast consisted of powdered scrambled egg, sausage, and industrial type squarefried potatoes. no choices. brought out from steam table in kitchen. dark cheerless resturant matched the dark old-fashioned room that featured no hot water out of the cracked sink. noisy air old air conditioner.

Been to Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel? Share your experiences!