“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We attended a conference at the Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center and the location was convenient. We had a 5 minute walk to the Convention Center every day. Being on the River was a big plus as well

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went to this hotel for my stay at PAX South (Penny Arcade Expo -- a convention for enthusiasts of a particular web comic about video games.)

The location of this hotel is GREAT for walking around the convention center & Riverwalk. Breakfast and evening hot foods/free drinks are a plus.

The decor of the hotel is a little dated, but this isn't a major dealbreaker. What was more of an annoyance was that there was construction/renovation ongoing, however. I don't think that construction would be a permanent thing, but it still seemed like an odd thing to have construction around the stairwell during a very busy weekend. As a result, the elevators were over capacity, but there was no other option but to wait for elevators, since the stairs to the lobby were blocked off.

Once the renovations are complete, then the review would probably go up.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I were going to San Antonio for a weekend getaway. J called the hotel and made a reservation. I was given the nightly rates,taxes, parking and all fees over the phone. Then when we arrived, they charged us $50 more than what I was given on the phone. When I questioned the person checking us in about the price difference, she told me that they were not responsible for what I was quoted on the reservation line! We were told that we could pay the higher amount or find another room. No negotiation or let me get to the bottom of the discrepancy. Just "do you want it or not".

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I initially booked this hotel based off of location alone for a decent priced anniversary getaway. The rooms here are awkward but not in a bad way. This makes more sense knowing it used to be a bank/office building. Overall the stay was great. Two free drinks and appetizers each night and a perfect location within walking distance from everything we wanted. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's expensive here only for location, the breakfast wasn't all that, too many people there and we took our breakfast back up to our room. The parking garage was a nightmare, WAY too small. I have a camry and was scared to crash, so glad we were only there a night to stay and walk downtown. I couldn't imagine pulling in and out of that garage. The rooms were really nice, really tall ceilings and beautifully large windows. Everything else was okay. I mean a little above average. I would stay here again as long I didn't have to deal with that garage - I'm sure someone else is ok driving through that. And they are working on the breakfast area, there was some kind of construction going on when we went so hopefully that'll get taken care of.

• Stayed December 2014
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our second stay at Drury Inn and Suites. Excellent hotel, they are presently doing a very nice renovation. Wonderful service and great food. Large lovely well furnished rooms. All the staff are friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is not your normal hotel. It is more like a home with a lot of bedrooms. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating. They met every request of our large and sometimes demanding group with grace and efficiency. The van driver, Joe is a real gem. The desk staff, especially the young man who was working Thursday evening. One of our high points was the great breakfast with the Texas shaped waffles! The rooms are absolutely gorgeous as are the common areas. But tell me this, when have you stayed at a hotel that offered beer and pizza during the NFL Playoff games. I will return.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Riverwalk? Share your experiences!