This hotel is in an older restored building so I didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be a nice stay.
I'll start from the beginning. When coming down St. Mary's street, look for a sign reading "Drury Inn Parking". You pull into sort of an ally and that is the side entrance to the hotel. We were greeted by a security guard of sorts that I'm sure is there to make sure non-guests do not park there. He found our name on the "check in" list and asked us to park there while checking in. After checking in, your room key allows entry to the parking garage which is straight ahead from where we initially parked. Garage allows vehicles up to 6.5 ft high if I recall. This will accomodate most vehicles (I saw some full size SUV's in there) but you may want to check your vehicle ahead of time if it is large/high.
Our room was a typical suite type with a couch, small table, and television as you walk in. Beds were in the back. Our room had a balcony with a nice view of the riverwalk. The balcony is off the back of the suite (room with beds). There is also a window to the balcony from the bedroom. Bathroom was medium size and adequate. Looking at the hotel floorplan on the back of the door, it looks like the rooms vary in size - likey because of the conversion of this older building into a hotel. The room was not a river view but on the side near the corner. The way the building was oriented and the curve of the river allowed a very good view even though the balcony was not actually directly facing the river. There are other rooms with direct river view balconies and I'm sure they have great views also. Exit stairway accesed near the elevator is actually quite nice - large with brass handrails. Not your typical hotel exit stairway. This must have been the original master stairway before elevators were in the building.
Free drinks and snacks are served in the lobby in the evening (not sure if on weekends also - we stayed during the week). Started at 5 or 5:30pm I believe. You get a couple of drink tickets (alcohol) for each night of your stay. Choices for the snacks included salad, hot dogs, nachos, soup, macaroni, chicken strips, and maybe a couple other items. Choices alternate a bit every other day. Details of the evening snacks and drinks are describe on the Drury Inn website. Popcorn and fountain soda are also offered each day after 3pm I believe. Breakfast is served in the same are and includes hot and cold choices. Lobby is nice and the eating/sitting area is along the side with windows overlooking the riverwalk.
Hotel is right on the riverwalk near the end of the "horseshoe" section of the river. When you go out of the hotel at the river, heading left will take you to the busy part of the riverwalk. Main lobby doors to St. Mary's street are normally locked and entry is by your room key. This seemed kind of nice since the location is downtown with lots of pedistrian traffic and a nearby bus stop. You don't have to worry about non-guests walking into the hotel through the front door. Previous reviewers mention the busy bus stop and yes, it is near the hotel but didn't really bother us. Our room was away from that location and we heard no noise but I cannot speak in regards to rooms which may be closer.
There is an outdoor pool and sitting area on the upper floor of the hotel. I thought there may be views from that location but there is a wall around the perimeter which blocks most views. Exercise room and weight room is up there also with some good equipment. Coin operated washer/dryer in the same vacinity as well.
Overall, the stay was enjoyable. The hotel may not be one of the fancy high-dollar choices but it certainly is above average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Step outside and into the unmatched beauty of the San Antonio River Walk. With countless restaurants and shops within scenic walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Riverwalk
- Drury Inn & Suites Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Drury Inn Riverwalk
- Drury San Antonio
- Drury Inn San Antonio