“Best Steak I've Ever Had” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ounce Prime Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ounce Prime Steakhouse
1401 N. Loop 1604 W, San Antonio, TX (Far North Central)
210-493-6200
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Blanco & 1604
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Steak I've Ever Had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Keep in mind you are paying top dollar for the best steak. The rest of the experience is rather lower class. The tables are crowded and the bar is nothing special. The price on the menu is for a steak. Anything else is extra. Come prepared to spend some cash. With that said, the steak is to die for. I almost cuts itself and jumps into your mouth and melts. The only reason I am not giving five stars on this is the atmosphere. I felt claustrophobic eating in such a crowd. BTW, make a reservation. I have tried to get in a couple of times without a reservation and was not able to get in.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Horrible Service - Won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

3rd Visit. Service had been mediocre and the food good but not great. The Manager's rudeness assured that this trip will be the last.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, TX
“Closed for Non Payment of rent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ok, I don't know what ShaunSCatterick is talking about. This place is closed down. I found out today when my wife and I drove up to the same address listed above. I made reservations online well in advance and there was no indication that this place was going to be closed; on Valentine's Day...When all other nice restaurants in town are booked full. Shaun, are you in San Antonio, Texas?

Catterick
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Ok, the meat is very expensive, but you do get what you pay for. And oh my does this place blow your mind! Considering we loved just about every steak we ate at every restaurant whilst in Texas, Ounce certainly tops the list.

The food was amazing. Melt in your mouth and cooked to perfection.

The restaurant is quite posh, and some of us felt under dressed.

Would definitely go again.

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Decent sides, mediocre steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went to Ounce planning to eat ribeye, but they had none....on a Saturday night? The New York strip was very undercooked, but we did not send it back because it had already taken 55 minutes for our meal to be served. The mac and cheese was very watery and unappetizing, but the cheddar potatoes were really good. The rolls are the best thing there. We sat at our table for 55 minutes and were never served any bread until we asked for it when the meal arrived. Would never go back to this odd steakhouse.

• Visited December 2013