“Nice newer property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 NE Loop 1604, 80 Trailcrest, San Antonio, TX 78232   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #147 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, TX
“Nice newer property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a nice newer property on the northside of San Antonio near the 1504/281 intersection.

No complaints other than the road construction on-going at night that kept the access road of 1604 down to 1 lane and kept going all night outside the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed there a couple of days. Very clean and very good service overall. There was considerable noise from construction on the adjacent expressway but it isnt the hotel's fault. The breakfast was great and the variety was immense, with hot and cold food. Overall, I would definitely return and recommend. P.S. I didnt try the indoor pool out but would if I had more time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was a typical Fairfield Inn experience, that is a clean hotel with a great staff ready to help. The breakfast was good, but the highlight of the visit was Mary, the breakfast attendant. I hope you have the opportunity to meet her. If everyone had this level of passion for their job, the world would be a better place.

Room Tip: I always do first floor and I faced the parking lot as there was less chance of noise than from the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brownsville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If I had any idea that I was not going to get any sleep, I would have gone to sleep in my car and saved myself a nightly rate at this place. First off, I was told that no charge was going to be made to my card and they pre-authorized $20.00 off my card which had me very uneasy about spending my already budgeted monies. Then I get into the room and not realizing that it was the room closest to the Highway and on the first floor I figured that I would get a good nights sleep. Instead, I had to go to the HEB nearby to purchase a sleep aid in order to sleep only to be rudely awoken by people walking through the halls and the sound of bulldozers and heavy machinery from Loop 1604.

I am not going to rate this very poor as I could but will rate it terrible with some items of redemption. The breakfast was great and so was the cleanliness of the hotel. The pool looked refreshing and I would have enjoyed a dip had it not closed as early as it did on a Friday.

For future reference, please MANAGER make sure that your staff is not so quick to assign rooms that are closest to the highway first. I did not appreciate being placed there and will definitely be seeking a refund from Priceline.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

First the positives: This hotel is less than 3 years old and still looks and feels brand new. My room and all the public areas were spacious and clean. Staff was friendly.
The negatives: In a word....location. Just a few feet from a busy highway.....a highway that is under construction and will be for some time. All the good restaurants and shopping are on the other side of the highway. You can't walk there and driving isn't easy with the construction traffic. Too many other low cost hotel options closer to where you want to be.
Other minor negatives: The smallest exercise room I've ever seen & a little skimpy on the breakfast. This Fairfield Inn offered hard boiled eggs where the last FFI I stayed at offered egg and sausage patties....(in addition to the other/typical offerings). Bottom line: Nice hotel & staff. Poor location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I checked into the San Antonio Fairfield Inn the night before Easter and stayed for an entire week. (room 213) I was in a family suite- which has 2 Queen beds- a larger sized room- and comes with a pull-out couch. (sleeps 6) The pull-out barely slept 2 kids- so I would only recommend it for 1 adult.-especially with the lack of support and padding. It had 2 flatscreen tvs with cable. It also had a mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom sink was located in the bathroom and had a large enough vanity to put toiletry bags on. The tub didn't drain well- but otherwise we didn't have any other issues in the bathroom part of the room. This hotel seemed well kept and up to date. The decoration was typical for the Fairfield Inns that I have stayed in during the past 3 years. Did have some issues with connecting to the internet, keeping a connection, and the overall speed of it. Other than one rude housekeeping lady, the staff was fabulous. JR checked us in and was sooo nice and very helpful with local info for eating and sight-seeing. ( I later walked down to ask for a few more towels and heard JR on the phone with someone who was upset about the Debit-card policy and how it was affecting their bank account- and he handled the call in a very professional manner – and stated several times that the policy is posted in the lobby, which it was, and he was willing to answer all of their questions. He was extremely polite.)The gentleman who worked in the Breakfast Room was wonderful. (breakfast is free) He was sooo nice and kept everything spotless- and well stocked! Computers were available in the lobby- but I didn't use them. I did use the pool several times. It was very clean- but the hot-tub was very full of chemicals. It caused all of us to have blood-shot eyes from the fumes. The pool is not large- but the kids enjoyed it. The pool towels were always fully stocked. The breakfast area could have used a few more food items to choose from- but overall it was a typical Fairfield Inn breakfast. (cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, items to be heated like sausage biscuits, coffee, juice, etc.) This hotel is located right beside a MAJOR road. At the time of my visit the road was under construction- which caused major traffic issues and one night the entrance to the hotel was blocked off and we had to use the GPS to weave our way through the neighbhorhood that is behind the hotel in order to get into the hotel parking lot. (it would have been nice for the hotel to have given us a map and warned us ahead of time- thankgoodness for GPS) Just about every store and restaurant you can name is on this road- so finding places to shop or eat will not be a problem as long as you have access to a car. (and a Walmart is nearby for anything you might have forgotten) The parking lot was well lit and seemed safe. We never had any issues with noise until the very last night. Tons of teenagers checked into the hotel and some were placed in the room beside us. They spent the entire night screaming, singing, banging things, and talking as loud as possible. We had to keep the A/C on full blast to try and drown out the noise. (the connecting suite-door in our room was basically like not having a wall- it seemed paper thin as far as sound dampening goes- so sound traveled very easily from the room next door) The A/C worked well and was controlled by a digital wall unit. They did not spray any type of air fresheners so I didn't have any allergy issues. (thank-you!!! to the hotel staff- this is a huge allergy issue for me) We never heard any traffic from the nearby streets- but we did hear construction jackhammers when the A/C and TVs were not on. (day or night) I took several pictures of our room- and one panoramic of the pool- so they should be attached to this review. I will definitely stay here on my next trip out. All of the linens were clean. The mattresses were comfortable and seemed very new. I liked the staff and the location. I would like for them to add another Waffle machine so the lines for waffles wouldn't be so long- but otherwise, it was a great stay with a great staff who was ready to help us in any way possible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New England USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. Next to the highway, the hotel design was not well thought out, so, you get high traffic noise, and less sleep. The place was full, as the price reflects the mistake of poor noise abatement, and thin walls. There is construction just out front with new overpasses and road changes. Breakfast is minimal, so people with lower expectations are fulfilled. I won't stay here again. I was really impressed with the staff. They were responsive, and tried to help me out. With a full hotel, they were empathetic and kind... with competitive hotels seconds away, look elsewhere

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from the highway, plan on breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio North/Stone Oak? Share your experiences!