“GREAT AIRPORT HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8505 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Formerly Cambria Suites Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Kitchener Ontario
“GREAT AIRPORT HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here our first night in Texas, before picking up a rental car; we liked the facility so much that we changed our plans to come back for our last night before flying home.
Our King Suite was not overly large, but very adequate for the two of us. The hotel is relatively new so it is quite modern and not shopworn. Rooms were clean and inviting. My wife's only complaint: lighting in the bathroom is not great for applying makeup.
The breakfast buffet is excellent, with hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs and a meat item, do-it-yourself waffles, and the usual toast, muffins, etc.
There is not much in the way of dining or shopping within walking distance. However, a free shuttle service is available to the airport and to nearby restaurants. All you have to do is ask, and one of the staff happily grabs the keys to the van.
Several of the staff members are from the same extended family, and they work well together to ensure that their customers receive great service.
Book early, since room prices seem to rise as the hotel fills up. Our price at the end of our trip was somewhat higher than the same room 10 days earlier.

Room Tip: Not needed... all rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are glad you stayed with us and then changed your plans to come back! We hope to see you again soon. I will let our family know your compliments!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire- first time there. Stayed one night only as a short weekend vacation for us. It's a little ways off for downtown but not an issue for us as traffic was very light that weekend. Room was really nice- very clean, very comfortable. Room had really big bed that was super comfy. Also had a sleeper sofa that my daughter said was OK. Breakfast was hot- eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles and cold items. Overall would stay there again. No problem with airport noise at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that you chose us to stay with. I am sorry your luggage did not arrive with you, but happy we could help out! We look forward to your next stay.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Arrived a little flustered as Delta lost our luggage. They looked after us in what I would describe as top notch service. Room was great and everyone in the hotel helped us. Wish all of our stays were this good. Staying there on our return trip and would recommend this place to all my friends.
Their shuttle driver(Lucy) took us to the mall to get some clothes and basic essentials. What more can I say top notch service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Its great to hear that our hotel was able to get you to the store to replace the items lost in your luggage. Our staff goes the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests. Our staff cross trains to help in different areas of the hotel. Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about our Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX means a lot to us here. Lucy your driver is actually the person in charge of housekeeping. This shows that we care about all our guests. Hope to see you back here at the hotel soon.
Alameda, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for a month, enjoying the relatively warm temperatures and the varied sightseeing opportunities in San Antonio. We found this hotel to be comfortable and friendly. The staff made extra efforts to make us happy. We were given a large room which accommodated our two laptops nicely. One of the best points: they can allow guests to leave cars for several days in the middle of a San Antonio stay, thus saving the cost of airport parking. They also have an airport shuttle which is quite responsive to guests' needs. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for making us your home away from home for a month. We loved having you here. We look forward to you coming back to visit when in San Antonio.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never stayed here before, but I can see why people rave about this location.

I flew down from SEA on a Sat and decided to spend the night here, rather than drive to my destination that night, which was Corpus Christi. I'm glad I did.

I arrived about 6pm, was warmly received, and my room was excellent. A large suite, plenty of room, a micro and fridge...just about all you could ask for. Walked across the streeet to Chilli's for dinner, but there are plenty of nice restaurants in the area. Locals recommend a place named "Jim's", just a bit past Chilli's, but I did not try it.

If you want somehting quick, there is a McD's a block north, so a traveler who does not have a car does have some options when it comes to food.

I had breakfast at the hotel on Sun morning, and it was quite nice; scrambled eggs (real stuff) bacon, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit plus the basic buffet offerings. Very nice.

Then I asked for directions to the Alamo and River Walk, things to see in an Antonio...excellent help from the front desk. Saw the sights, back to hotel and checked out...then down to Corpus Christi.

Finished work in CC early, but I was locked into my return flight Tue afternoon. I could have stayed in CC, but I really liked San Antonio, so I drove up late Monday, and checked back in.

Same girl at the front desk, same nice greeting, different room but just as good. I do have to add that the room ths time had the TV missing from the living area of the suite. I called the front desk about this, but they knew about it, and offerd another room. As it was only me, I really could care less, as long as they know that the missing flat screen TV is not my doing.

I guess I have this thing about walking into a just purchased hotel room, finding stuff missing, and being charged for what is gone. But no problems here. I could have changed rooms, as that was offered to me, but the room was fine even with only one TV.

Everything from then on was a repeat from before. Just great service. I wish I had written down the name of the young lady at reception anf the GM I spoke to, great people.

As I had a late flight on tue, asked for a late checkout, and was accomidated, no problem. Really, really understanding management philosophy here..

The bottom line is that I am really impressed with the facilities and staff of this location. It is an airport hotel, but with a lot of options if you do not have a car, and great transportation access if you do. The facilities are top notch; and the staff is excellent; they are helpful in every way.

Your travel needs may vary, but if you want something nice in the San Antonio area, I highly, highly, recommend this location.

As I'm still in San Antionio at the airport, waiting for my flight, I just called the hotel and asked for the info I needed. The great GM I talked with was Margie, and the reception gal with outstanding service was Daniela. Great folks, ask for them if you stay here.

This is a top quality location; great service and excellent staff. It is definitely worth you consideration fot a place to stay in San Antonio.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio when you are in the area. Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. Its great to hear that we met all your travel needs. Also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was able to get you directions to all your destination needs.
Wilmington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here during the stock show, thought we would only be here one night but changed our minds--staff very accomadating, rooms are great separate couch tv from beds. All newly updated, clean, comfy queen size beds, great breakfast(free). Rates were very reasonable. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Margie C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. There is always so many things going on in San Antonio TX hopefully you will choose us again in the future for your travel needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is perfect. Close to the airport, nice business center, full hot breakfast and a bar. What more could you ask for. The rooms are spacious, they have. Refrigerator, microwave and 2 flat screen TV's. I love the hard wired and wireless Internet in the rooms and the fitness center has everything that you need with 5 treadmills, 2 elliptical a, 2 bikes, free weights and a weight machine

• Stayed January 2013
Very glad to hear that you chose to stay at our hotel, and that you were able to make use of our fitness center. The rooms are larger then most hotels, and the amenities in the rooms are above parr. We hope that you will come back to stay with us soon. Thank you for posting through Advisro, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX? Share your experiences!