“A true gem of a location, value, quality, and great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8505 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Formerly Cambria Suites Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #54 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Seattle
“A true gem of a location, value, quality, and great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never stayed here before, but I can see why people rave about this location.

I flew down from SEA on a Sat and decided to spend the night here, rather than drive to my destination that night, which was Corpus Christi. I'm glad I did.

I arrived about 6pm, was warmly received, and my room was excellent. A large suite, plenty of room, a micro and fridge...just about all you could ask for. Walked across the streeet to Chilli's for dinner, but there are plenty of nice restaurants in the area. Locals recommend a place named "Jim's", just a bit past Chilli's, but I did not try it.

If you want somehting quick, there is a McD's a block north, so a traveler who does not have a car does have some options when it comes to food.

I had breakfast at the hotel on Sun morning, and it was quite nice; scrambled eggs (real stuff) bacon, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit plus the basic buffet offerings. Very nice.

Then I asked for directions to the Alamo and River Walk, things to see in an Antonio...excellent help from the front desk. Saw the sights, back to hotel and checked out...then down to Corpus Christi.

Finished work in CC early, but I was locked into my return flight Tue afternoon. I could have stayed in CC, but I really liked San Antonio, so I drove up late Monday, and checked back in.

Same girl at the front desk, same nice greeting, different room but just as good. I do have to add that the room ths time had the TV missing from the living area of the suite. I called the front desk about this, but they knew about it, and offerd another room. As it was only me, I really could care less, as long as they know that the missing flat screen TV is not my doing.

I guess I have this thing about walking into a just purchased hotel room, finding stuff missing, and being charged for what is gone. But no problems here. I could have changed rooms, as that was offered to me, but the room was fine even with only one TV.

Everything from then on was a repeat from before. Just great service. I wish I had written down the name of the young lady at reception anf the GM I spoke to, great people.

As I had a late flight on tue, asked for a late checkout, and was accomidated, no problem. Really, really understanding management philosophy here..

The bottom line is that I am really impressed with the facilities and staff of this location. It is an airport hotel, but with a lot of options if you do not have a car, and great transportation access if you do. The facilities are top notch; and the staff is excellent; they are helpful in every way.

Your travel needs may vary, but if you want something nice in the San Antonio area, I highly, highly, recommend this location.

As I'm still in San Antionio at the airport, waiting for my flight, I just called the hotel and asked for the info I needed. The great GM I talked with was Margie, and the reception gal with outstanding service was Daniela. Great folks, ask for them if you stay here.

This is a top quality location; great service and excellent staff. It is definitely worth you consideration fot a place to stay in San Antonio.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio when you are in the area. Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. Its great to hear that we met all your travel needs. Also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was able to get you directions to all your destination needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wilmington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here during the stock show, thought we would only be here one night but changed our minds--staff very accomadating, rooms are great separate couch tv from beds. All newly updated, clean, comfy queen size beds, great breakfast(free). Rates were very reasonable. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Margie C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. There is always so many things going on in San Antonio TX hopefully you will choose us again in the future for your travel needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is perfect. Close to the airport, nice business center, full hot breakfast and a bar. What more could you ask for. The rooms are spacious, they have. Refrigerator, microwave and 2 flat screen TV's. I love the hard wired and wireless Internet in the rooms and the fitness center has everything that you need with 5 treadmills, 2 elliptical a, 2 bikes, free weights and a weight machine

• Stayed January 2013
Very glad to hear that you chose to stay at our hotel, and that you were able to make use of our fitness center. The rooms are larger then most hotels, and the amenities in the rooms are above parr. We hope that you will come back to stay with us soon. Thank you for posting through Advisro, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was home in Kansas when my wife had to miss her return flight home 1/6/13 because of an acute GI flu which was hitting San Antonio. She needed help and Grace, the front desk manager, went the distance in providing outstanding care for her. After getting her from the airport to the hotel and providing the essential hygiene kit (the airline kept her bag), after Grace was off that evening she picked up a prescription for her. I was comforted that Grace was watching out for my ill wife. (BTW, everything worked out the next day.) Thank you, Grace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Glad to hear your wife had a great experience here at our hotel. I know what its like to have the flu in a strange place. It must have been a relief to you to know that we had someone like Grace helping your wife out with her illness. Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. We hope that you can make it down from Kansas once again and stay with us.
Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were there Dec 29-31. It was a very busy time. I believe it was full both nights.

The person at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions on how to get to the missions avoiding 281 which was extremely crowded when we drove from Austin.

The only complaint we had,and it wasn't that big, was that there were no cookies put out on the evening of 12/30. The person at the front desk said that they had been busy but would get some baked and put out and call to let us know when they were ready. We never received a call and I checked down at the desk and the cookie container was not out.

We would definitely plan on staying here again it we came back to San Antonio.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about our Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX Its very nice to hear from our guests. Also we will have cookies available at all times from here on out..
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites (and its predecessor) more than once. The hotel is wonderful, but the location is not.

At our most recent stay, our car was broken into. We were lucky it was not stolen, but the locks were broken and it now needs more than $700 in damages. The lot is poorly light, and the two adjoining weed-filled vacant lots, seem now to be a crime incitement. Under previous management we never had problems, but the current security seems lax (non-existent?), and I cannot recommend this hotel, especially to families with children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Margie C, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I'm very sorry you had this experience at our hotel. We take every precaution to minimize crime on our property and we take guest security very seriously. Unfortunately, as in any urban area, crime is bound to occur. Our staff is very alert, we do nightly grounds patrols, and we work closely with local law enforcement to keep our property as safe as possible.
Shalimar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise after staying in a downtown hotel for a couple of nights. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient (even a shuttle for 5 mile radius) and the employees were all very friendly. Our favorite was Vicki, the breakfast coordinator. She was so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious every day - hot breakfast and all the trimmings. She was constantly checking with everyone to make sure everything was just right, coming around to take used dishes and greet everyone, and make sure we all had a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Its so nice to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Also thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX is helpfull for us to improve. Vicki our breakfast attendant is such a gem to have here at our hotel. I will pass on the kudos to her and the rest of our team.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX? Share your experiences!