I have never stayed here before, but I can see why people rave about this location.
I flew down from SEA on a Sat and decided to spend the night here, rather than drive to my destination that night, which was Corpus Christi. I'm glad I did.
I arrived about 6pm, was warmly received, and my room was excellent. A large suite, plenty of room, a micro and fridge...just about all you could ask for. Walked across the streeet to Chilli's for dinner, but there are plenty of nice restaurants in the area. Locals recommend a place named "Jim's", just a bit past Chilli's, but I did not try it.
If you want somehting quick, there is a McD's a block north, so a traveler who does not have a car does have some options when it comes to food.
I had breakfast at the hotel on Sun morning, and it was quite nice; scrambled eggs (real stuff) bacon, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit plus the basic buffet offerings. Very nice.
Then I asked for directions to the Alamo and River Walk, things to see in an Antonio...excellent help from the front desk. Saw the sights, back to hotel and checked out...then down to Corpus Christi.
Finished work in CC early, but I was locked into my return flight Tue afternoon. I could have stayed in CC, but I really liked San Antonio, so I drove up late Monday, and checked back in.
Same girl at the front desk, same nice greeting, different room but just as good. I do have to add that the room ths time had the TV missing from the living area of the suite. I called the front desk about this, but they knew about it, and offerd another room. As it was only me, I really could care less, as long as they know that the missing flat screen TV is not my doing.
I guess I have this thing about walking into a just purchased hotel room, finding stuff missing, and being charged for what is gone. But no problems here. I could have changed rooms, as that was offered to me, but the room was fine even with only one TV.
Everything from then on was a repeat from before. Just great service. I wish I had written down the name of the young lady at reception anf the GM I spoke to, great people.
As I had a late flight on tue, asked for a late checkout, and was accomidated, no problem. Really, really understanding management philosophy here..
The bottom line is that I am really impressed with the facilities and staff of this location. It is an airport hotel, but with a lot of options if you do not have a car, and great transportation access if you do. The facilities are top notch; and the staff is excellent; they are helpful in every way.
Your travel needs may vary, but if you want something nice in the San Antonio area, I highly, highly, recommend this location.
As I'm still in San Antionio at the airport, waiting for my flight, I just called the hotel and asked for the info I needed. The great GM I talked with was Margie, and the reception gal with outstanding service was Daniela. Great folks, ask for them if you stay here.
This is a top quality location; great service and excellent staff. It is definitely worth you consideration fot a place to stay in San Antonio.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel San Antonio
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson
- Cambria Suites San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Country Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, an all-suite hotel located less than half a mile from SAT Airport. We are pleased to provide such convenient amenities as a complimentary hot breakfast, meeting space, free Wi-Fi, heated pool and complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio International Airport. Hotel guests enjoy easy access to nearby golf courses, shopping destinations and local attractions like The Alamo, San Antonio Riverwalk, Morgan's Wonderland and SeaWorld San Antonio. Our hotel's enthusiastic and professional staff is waiting to help make your stay exceptional, so book your online reservation at Country Inn & Suites today! 100% non-smoking hotel. Formerly known as Cambria Suites Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.