Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8505 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Formerly Cambria Suites Airport) (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was awesome! It's right next to the airport but you don't hear planes or anything it's a hidden gem and its a GREAT deal! It's right off one of the main highways so that is perfect, I would stay there again anytime

• Stayed October 2012

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Country Inn and Suites. The hotel was very modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I really appreciated the extra pillows and blanket located in the bedroom closet The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and not far from the San Antonio Riverwalk. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We are very excited you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us while in San Antonio. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Proctor, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this Country Inn & Suites in Mid-September for a business seminar for 4 nights. I have to say that this is a very nice hotel, but because of what appears to be a lack of training/employee it truly hurts the hotel. I have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and know what to expect. I wasn't called shortly after checking in to make sure that my room is good, I was never greeted, (nor anyone bother to call me by name), I am a Club Carlson Gold Elite member and I didn't get my little gift I am so used to. Whenever I travel I don't like to housekeeping everyday because I try to be Green and there is no need to change or wash my towels/linen after 1 day. But on the second day I removed the Do Not Disturb because the carpet and towels needed some TLC. When I returned in the evening, the carpet looked dirtier than I left it, they had removed the towels and left me 1 hand towel & 1 washcloth. When I called Front Desk I got a less than favorable excuse. The next day housekeeping wasn't even better. In breakfast I heard one of the breakfast attendant loudly bashing Country Inn & Suites ? , I was appalled why someone would work for a company that they don't like, so I wasn't able to enjoy my breakfast quietly. I do want to give kudos to the older breakfast attendant which was sweet and you could tell she loved her job! I am sorry I didn't get her name but she did an awesome job. And the breakfast to go bags were great when I didnt have time to stop for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites during your stay in San Anontio. We value your feedback and appreciate your comments. I am sorry that you experienced less than great service from us. I have shared them with our team and we are working to correct these issues so this does not happen in the future. I do hope that you will give us another try next time you are in San Antonio.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is on Broadway, in the first block north of Loop 410, which is not the most convenient location for tourists who want easy access to downtown, the Riverwalk, Six Flags, Sea World, or those who want to be close to the medical center, or UTSA. But it might be ideal for someone who wants convenient access to the airport, or for business or family visit in the area. I found it to be quiet and convenient for my purposes. There seem to be a few problems, as others have mentioned. I was initially given a room with air conditioner which did not cool. They reassigned me to a different room, but I learned the A/C had been reported as broken and hadn't been repaired. The breakfast was fine, and the room with functioning air conditioning was quite comfortable. It is a nice, standard Country Inn & Suites which gives you a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the AC units in both rooms. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to correct the problem so it does not happen again. We hope that you will come back and stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice room and staff. Has a great workout room and a decent spa. Breakfast was eggs, sausage and biscuit, plus the typical continental items. Was ok, nothing special. Nice entry making a business trip a little more pleasant. Hotel hallways were a little loud, but nothing terrible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are so pleased you had a nice stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites druing your business trip. We hope to see you again next time you are in San Antonio.
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Very nice but housekeeping came up short. Staff friendly, breakfast good, room very, very nice & clean. Upon checkin room had a towel shortage. Asked front desk to have more sent up, never arrived. Second day returned and our room had not been cleaned. Housekeeper left a card on the floor saying our do not distrub card had been on the door. It had not, we did not even have one in the room. Then we noticied our dirty towels had been removed and no towels left at all. So the housekeeper did come in our room. Complete BS. Upon check out the next day found out from our friends in a room across the hall that their room had also not been cleaned. Serious housekeeping problems going on here.

Room Tip: All really great rooms, great beds and nice and quite.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I am very sorry that you experienced issues with our housekeeping. It is certainly not our standard level of service. I have shared your comments with our team and with our new Housekeeping Manager who just joined our team. We will address these concerns. Thank you for staying with us and please give us another oppourtunity to welcome you as our guest here at the Country Inn & Suites, by Carlson.
Roland, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at 4 hotels on our latest vacation to San Antonio. This was the most expensive. We stayed in the highest upgraded room, the Tower King Suite. It was a beautiful, modern room. High ceilings with all glass walls along the living room and two walls in the bedroom. It was awesome. Hotel policy is that the room would be ready at 3 pm. We arrived at 4:30pm after driving all day and were exhausted. The room wasn't ready and the housekeeping staff was leaving. The desk clerk had to stop them and send them up to ready the room. We had to wait half an hour while they got the room ready. Once in, we were excited. My 8 yr old was wowed! It was a beautiful, airy room with nice modern furniture and fixtures. That excitement faded quickly over the following 4 days. We arrived on Sunday and were out of the room all day on Monday, arriving back at 9:30pm Monday night. Our room had not been touched or serviced in any way. The same dirty pile of towels laid on the restroom floor, the bed still unmade, the trash overflowing, the cups not replaced, not toiletries refreshed. No towels. We called downstairs and they brought us some towels. The next day, Tuesday, the toilet stopped up and at 7:30am we let the front desk know it was stopped up and asked if they would please make sure the room was serviced. We returned at 2pm. The toilet was still stopped up and the towels still lay on the floor, the trash was still overflowing, the bed was not made, the cups not replenished, etc. I went downstair to the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. We waited in the lobby and an hour later he came over and told me they were working on it now, give them about 20 minutes. So, we waited then went up. My son had brought a bag of cotton cany with him to bed the night before so my wife left the "change the sheets" card on the bad with the candy exposed. They had simply make the bed over it. The toilet was fixed, the towels and trash were gone. Still, no new cups and the only towels were two left from what the night crew had brought us, so I went to the pool area and got us some towels. We never got towels or soaps and lotions brought to our room except the ones we requested from the night crew on Monday night. We were there from Sunday to Wednesday. We never got new coffee cups. Our bed was made once and I had to chase the non-English speaking service attendant down the hall to have her come change the sheet with cotton candy on it. It was uncomfortabel trying to explain that to her, but bless her heart, she did good and was friendly.
The hotel web site bragged about their breakfast program. It was lackluster at best. Cold, wet scrambled eggs on two mornings. Breakfast burritos on one morning with cold, wet eggs and sour cream and grated cheese, no salsa or anything else to go on them. The oatmeal was like cement. There was bicuits and gravy one morning. Sausage one morning. The waffles were good! We ended up eating breakfast away from the hotel.
The pool was tiny and the hot tub was lukewarm. The little room with the indoor pool was toxic because it was too small for all the chlorine in that water. My son wouldn't stay and swim in it. The gym is fantastic, though! If you need towels because the service staff won't bring them to your room, they are located in the pool room.

Room Tip: The tower if great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I can understand your frustration with the staff. I have shared your exerience with my team and my new Housekeeping Manager who just came on board. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you what Country Inns & Suites, by Carlson is all about.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson San Antonio Airport, TX? Share your experiences!