“Good deal.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center

You added Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4038 I-10 East, (Near the AT&T Center), San Antonio, TX 78219 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #229 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Waco, Texas
“Good deal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I wanted to stay on the River walk, but the cost of those hotels were ridiculous. I don't know what was going on in San Antonio on a Tuesday but the River Walk hotels were all booked and were over $250.00 on occasion. Since we were going to a WNBA game I found the Comfort Inn. It was very convenient to the AT&T Center. I was a little nervous booking the hotel based on the previous reviews but was really delighted once we arrived. The location was easy to find from our drive from Waco. Our room was clean, there were usual carpet stains from normal traffic in the hallways, but nothing abnormal about our room. The desk staff(Ms. Carter and Arlene) were very polite and helpful when we checked in. We asked about the shuttle and was nervous about that since previous reviews stated the van was outdated. Well, they have a new van with a great shuttle driver. Mr. Andre was very nice, he went above and beyond to make sure the people riding the shuttle to the game were comfortable, entered and exited safely, and made sure we knew where to meet him at the end of the game. After the game my daughter wanted ice cream and we mentioned it to Andre and Joretta the night clerk. She called our room and advised us that Andre had time to run us to McDonalds before the end of his shift. That made a 12 yr olds night. Breakfast, waffles were great, I was surprised to see strawberry flavored so that was a new twist. Breakfast buffet was clean, there was a young lady making sure all was kept clean and she was very polite and helpful. I am sorry I didn't get her name. My experience was much better than I had anticipated. If this hotel continues to take the criticism and repair every fault they will be the best place to stay for your money near the AT&T Center. We will stay her again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortinnattcenter, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Karen,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review on tripadvisor for our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thanks again for the awesome feedback on the hotel and staff. We try to make Comfort Inn your home away from home providing you with excellent service upon arrival. Thanks again please come back and see us soon.

Kind Regards,

210-447-2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dumas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I traveled to San Antonio from Dumas Tx just this past weekend and i booked a room a this location. After driving for 10 hours i just wanted to get to the hotel i had previoulsy made the reservation and rest. I was traveling with my mom and my aunt and we arrived very late almost at midnight. For starters the front desk clerk was somewhat rude to me when she handed my license back, or should i say threw it back! But i was so tired that i didn't say anything. When we went into the room assigned which was 303 i couldnt believe what a nightmare i walked into. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting!!!! hair on the floor, soap scum on the shower walls, and the walk in shower hadn't been cleaned in months! Dirt had built up so bad that it looked like the shower floor was peeling off!! The dust in the room was unbelievable. From the pictures on the wall to the lamps you could tell this room hadn't been properly cleaned in months! I found an empty gum pack in the corner of the room and more dust everywhere i looked. I immediately went downstairs and found Martin there, another desk clerk. He wrote a report to his manager Urlene and moved us to another room. The best room they had available was a suite #301. When my family and i moved our stuff to the ather room Martin wanted to make sure everything looked good and up to standards before we took it. He was in for a big surprise! the room was just as bad! I really felt like it was a never ending nightmare and just wanted to get out of there as soon as i could! But it was already past midnight and my mom insisted we stayed there just for the night and that we talked to the manager first thing in the morning. I had the worst night and dont wish that upon anyone else. To top it all off, i had to call the front desk clerk within minutes after he went downstairs because there was a tampon wraper and a feminine towel in the small trash can inside the suite room!! He couldnt apologize enough and took immediate care of it. I really dont think the owners are aware of what is really going on in their hotel. The following morning i talked to the manager and she complimented me for the night but really i dont think that was worth it at all! Did i mention i am also a front desk assistant in a comfort inn in Dumas TX? And i will make sure to file a formal complaint because there should be no excuses for the poor management and lack of common sense!!

Room Tip: Next time ask to see the room before even checking in. And also, stay away from this particular hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night as we had some business to take care of. The place was clean and staff was very nice. The fridge in the room did not work so we just got some ice from the machine. We decided to enjoy the free breakfast and well....it's free need I say more. Over all the hotel was an okay stay for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
comfortinnattcenter, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear DaPeoplesBarber,

Kind Regards,

Donna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times as we are Spurs fans. One night we requested a room with a King and two beds. But to our surprise we were given a suite with 2 king bed in two bedrooms with a jacuzzi. Also a sitting room and a bath in each bedroom. What a surprise for 8000 points. They also take you to the Spurs game and pick you up afterwards. Parking is approximately $15.00. Very pleasant and friendly staff eagur to please. We could not have been more pleased with this accomadations

Room Tip: Second floor is where we stay most of the time. 3rd floor I think is mainly suites. Quiet in thes...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinnattcenter, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear maryybarra68 ,

Willis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great place to stay when your going to a SA Spurs game or any event at the ATT Center. The FREE SHUTTLE to and from the ATT Center is a big plus because you don't have to pay $20 for parking. The shuttle could use a facelift and some mechanical work but for free i can't complain too much lol. The rooms was nice I received a 2 room suite presidential suite for regular price thats awesome. There was 2 old cars in the parking lot that looked like they hadnt been moved in a while one had a big tarp over the window like it had been broken. If i was management I would have them 2 cars towed off as it makes the hotel security like a problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cutetexan81,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay here everytime im in San Antonio which is normally about at least 6 days out of the month. Staff is very friendly rooms are nice and clean. Over all I have nothong bad to say about the Comfort..

• Stayed December 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We used 8000 Choice Privilege points to obtain a two-room suite, with a king bed and large flat-screen television in each room, a sitting area, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The accommodations were otherwise average, although probably above average for the area around the AT&T center. The wireless Internet worked well. The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked with pastries, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, ham, and juice. A single elevator is a negative, but at least it is a large one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites near the AT&T Center? Share your experiences!