“Most Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kumori Sushi & Teppanyaki

Kumori Sushi & Teppanyaki
700 E Sonterra Blvd, Ste 308, San Antonio, TX 78258-4386 (Stone Oak)
+1 210-853-2001
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stone Oak
“Most Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived at 12:45 and left at around 2. The time was well spent. Don't go if you are in a hurry. This is a slow-food place. The prepare the soba noodles by hand for each order. The miso soup I had was unlike anything I've ever had. Each ingredient had its own flavor. No making ahead of time and blending of flavors. The down side is that it takes so long to prepare that they are considering closing for lunch because they can't keep up. I hope they find a way to trim down the menu choices so they can stay open. I'd love to go there for lunch once a week.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Quality Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great little sushi place. The rolls are unique, the fish is fresh and the service is fast. I also like the atmosphere...a little upscale but not overpriced. I lived in Southern California for a number of years and recently moved to Texas. You can't beat the sushi on the west coast, but this is the best I've had in TX.

Visited February 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
“New Sushi Love*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

excellent service, wonderful drinks, service and ambiance. Went to this restaurant 3 times in 2 weeks. each time, such great service and meal suggestions.. try the "spicey edamame" for a fun twist.

Visited December 2012
Cibolo, Texas
“My First Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my first time at this place and hands down it was so delicious. The place was packed and service was very slow (completely understandable) but yet the food tasted so fresh. What was supposed to be cold was cold and the hot was hot. Prices were well worth it. The portion was huge. All I had was Spicy Tuna Roll and was full. I couldn't even finish my plate. Now, I am not a sushi snob and actually tried sushi for the first time in all my 35 years in Feb but I have had bad sushi. This place wasn't one of them. Will definitely be returning and even taking my kids.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Warm sushi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first time to this establishment and I went because of the large bill board on 281; however, there are too many other good places. The miso soup was good ( get this free). We ordered a cucumber salad with shrimp and it was very good. I have worked in food service, so I may be more aware of food temps than others but the fish on the sushi was room temp. There were four sushi chefs leaning behind the counter and all the sliding doors were open on the sushi bar storage areas. The staff was not very friendly. Clean appearance in eating area and rest room. Just not a good overall feel.