“This hotel is awesome and we have never had any bad experiences” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #184 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
Waller, Texas
“This hotel is awesome and we have never had any bad experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been coming here and staying anytime we are in San Antonio and never had a bad experience. Marc and his staff are top notch and can't believe all the bad reviews this place has received. This hotel is always friendly and never have any problems with any rooms or staff.
Marc will take care of ya'll if you stay here at this hotel. When comparing hotels you cannot compare a $200 plus night room hotel to a Hotel that is affordable and well priced for your money. I suspect people who have left ill comments are accustomed to spending over $200 a night on a hotel stay. However, this hotel is great and although not a $200 a night hotel room stay, they do everything there to keep guest feeling as if they had paid more. Keep up the great work Marc.
Justin K.

Room Tip: Treat the staff with kindness as all should be treated and your experience will be awesome too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but what a frustration!!!
The staff is absolutely not friendly (the lady at the front desk was always off or sited at her chair almost sleeping).
The room is old and very noise.
The breakfast is not bad but miles away to be considered good.
I will definitevely won`t return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed one night after not being able to find another hotel down the street because they did not have a sign that was lite up at night and we were very tired loved the room and the staff.
Breakfast the next morning was very good and hot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The person check us in was rude, and not helpful. The person check us out was rude and not helpful either. The breakfast area didn't have anywhere for us to sit and eat, over crowded and not enough food. The food that they did have was covered in grease and almost not edible. I would spend a few more dollars just to go somewhere else.
The room was okay, smelled musty. Bathroom had cockroaches, and bath tub didn't drain at all. Husband got bit by some kind of bug in the bed...not worth the money.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pharr, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed there and paid cash so I wouldn't have to use my credit card. I had already heard of the money issue in previous reviews. I had to give a credit card as a deposit and they got a copy of it and didn't swipe it. When I left, they did not want to give me my copy. I asked why, and they said they kept in their records....weird. I explained I was not too sure because of all this fraud that happens. They then told someone had just come in about the same thing...hmmm. Didn't sound right, especially when we got there and someone was also have these issues. (We were standing right behind them, so we heard.) I already felt uneasy. Luckily, I cancelled my card as soon as I got home. Sure enough 2 weeks later they are trying to use it in Miami. I have never heard of hotels who keep it on file (copy of your card), so thank goodness I cancelled my card. I had not used in about a month and a half, so only place I did was hotel. I urge that you not go or don't use your card at all! I really hope that they look into this. I am going to speak to the head and have this reported to authorities.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fort worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We are still dealing with the nightmare from staying at this location. Our room had problems with bedbugs. The bites on one of our family members have been severe and required medical attention. We caught a bug in our room and turned it to the front desk. At that time we did not realized it was a bed bug, but it has been confirmed since.

All of the expenses of dealing with the bed bugs will be yours -- the hotel is not responsible.

Room Tip: check your mattress
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback to your recent stay with us at our Comfort Inn & Suites. I would like to personally address your concerns regarding your comments. I truly understand your concerns regarding the claim of bed bugs in our hotel. I assure you that we take any claim of any guest that believes to have come in contact with this type of insect very serious as it can truly be a problem to any and all hotels and there travelers. We take every step to assure the public that our property is free of any such pest. Your claim has also brought a sight inspection from the city of San Antonio and their finding as well as ours has not found any evidence of such claim.

We urge all our travelers whom are preparing to take their summer vacations if they are about to use those traveling suite cases that get pulled out once or twice a year to allow them to sit out and open for at least a few hours before the begin to pack to allow any such critters to escape so that they do not make the trip with your belonging to your destination.

Once again I wish the best for you and your family and hope that your next travel experience is not the same.

Respectfully,

Marc Salinas, CHA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This is the place I stay when traveling to San Antonio. I was traveling with my elderly mother and Kaleena, front desk, was very accommodating!!! The breakfast is special --staff makes homemade potatoes and salsa with fresh jalapeños. They even have a toaster for tortillas. The GM is a very friendly man who knows how to hire and keep good employees. The price is great too!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center? Share your experiences!